DVDVR Message Board

Stand Ups and All The Stuff Related Thread

Johnny Sorrow

Yeesh. So what is wrong with the dude? I don't know of a heart failure condition where your hands and legs lock up.

Congestive heart failure. According to Johnathan from the spring, his heart's managing to pump 12-15% of his blood out. The standard person pumps 60%,

• 3 weeks later...

Since the new comedy club opened up in Fairview Heights, I've been getting back into the standup scene.  There are a ton of open-mics in the St. Louis area and a whole lot of people trying their hand at the comedy thing.  Quite a few are really good, so I feel like I have some catching-up to do.  I opened for Dustin Diamond a few months ago...I'd heard plenty of stories about him as a comic and as a person, but he was cool with me.

Don't have any video clips of my standup online...Rooftop Comedy used to record at the Westport Funny Bone but not any more.

Being a regular at the new club(Hey Guys Comedy) and at the previous Fairview Heights club(Comedy Etc. II), I gained an appreciation for a few guys who aren't as well-known.  Two of my favorites will be at Hey Guys in the next few months:  Gabriel Rutledge and Chris "Boom Boom" Johnson.

Was fortunate to see Jeselnik at the Westport Funny Bone a few times before he started doing theater shows...regret missing Maron when he was in town earlier this year.  Was legitimately geeked for the new Cosby special on Comedy Central since he was one of my first favorite comedians.

• 2 weeks later...

It can be said that nothing over the last two weeks has gone as Bill Cosby planned.  

• Like 1