DVDVR Message Board

Stand Ups and All The Stuff Related Thread

Johnny Sorrow

@Midnight is consistently funny, the Nerdist podcast is great, pretty much every great comic is friends with him and considers him a peer, so...can we end the Hardwick hate? Yes. He did the dumb MTV dating show a long time ago, let's get over it.

Literally zero negative mentions of Hardwick in this thread, what are you on about?

@Midnight is consistently funny, the Nerdist podcast is great, pretty much every great comic is friends with him and considers him a peer, so...can we end the Hardwick hate? Yes. He did the dumb MTV dating show a long time ago, let's get over it.

Literally zero negative mentions of Hardwick in this thread, what are you on about?

Holy shit, I got my message boards with a stand up thread mixed up. Sorry, haha.

@Midnight:

Kevin Smith (okay...), Justin Long (que?!), Jen Kirkman 

Winner: JEN KIRKMAN!!! If you want a woman to kill you with a single smile/tweak of her eyes and wreck your ass with humor, there you go. Yes, this is pauntsless. My apologies.

And my joke about the D&D thing would have miserably lost, but it would have been "Just get drunk and listen to Bolt Thrower instead. Because Warhammer made the album cover."

This is what I do when I have no money to go to the downtown Weedeater show.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting into some name dropping mode right now since this is my world a bit.

Mike Birbiglia is fantastic. I love that guy so much, especially since he works clean. DISCLOSURE: My brother Chris is opening for him on a tour right now. Obviously I think my brother's really great. (And please watch The Chris Gethard Show since it's great and very wrestling influenced. He's had Colt Cabana, Eddie Kingston and Tito Santana on as guests.)

Also, Jen Kirkman RULES. I'm a big fan. I sorta know her through comedy circles and she's a really terrific person.

I really like those dudes The Lucas Brothers who are starting to pick up some steam. I did shows a few times with them in Philly and always really impressed me with their demeanor. They're also great guys.

If you get a shot to see Doogie Horner perform, jump on it. He should break out soon. He was on America's Got Talent a few years ago and made the rounds for heckling the audience that was booing him. He's starting to tour outside New York. He's a really good friend of mine and is hysterical. I also performed a bunch of times with Monroe Martin who was on the latest Last Comic Standing. I don't know him that well but he put in the work and I saw him develop into something really special.

Josh Rabinowitz is another Philly comic who has picked up some steam in New York. He was on Fallon recently. He's FANTASTIC and worth seeing. I knew him when he was in college at UPenn and making the rounds. He's one of my favorites. David Adgukem is also starting to get booked on the regular in New York and is also hysterical. I hung out with those guys a bit and am super happy to see them really start to get their legs.

My favorite unknown comic in the world right now is my buddy Brett Davis. He has a great show in New York called The Macaulay Culkin Show that's well work checking out. He's a huge rasslin' nerd, too, and does a character that's based off of Ricky Morton. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...