DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

More importantly, rumor is that Gary Payton might be part of Byron's coaching staff.

Should make for one of the more entertaining huddles w/ Payton, Scott, Nash and Kobe.

I don't completely hate the Byron Scott hiring since that was the guy Dr. Buss planned on hiring every time Phil would leave but Byron kept taking other coaching jobs w/ a bad situation in Cleveland when Lebron left. Lakers needed someone who wasn't going to get burned at the stake like D'Antoni was by every ex-Laker. At least with Scott, he gets some time...until everyone breaks down again and the season becomes a mess and then every fan wants him fired. LOL!  He basically was a hire that the ex-Lakers will support, but someone the fans and media are not too thrilled with. I give him until Christmas.

I'm really just glad they didn't hire another Mike to coach this team.

I have to admit, it was a pretty surreal experience throughout the playoffs when every Heat fan I know would say something before every game or series like "You know Rio is going to go off at least once, and have one of those 25 point games where he just wins it by himself", and my other friends and I would just look at each other and silently wonder if they were watching the same game as us, or if Heat fans' TVs fed in to an alternate universe in which Lebron James was named Mario Chalmers.  

That was usually how Rio worked. Every time I've slandered him on this board or Twitter the last 3 years he would come out the next game and go off and make me look like an idiot. It just didn't happen this time. Rio uas been the designated whipping boy since he was a rookie, that isn't going to be changing.

Still blaming Chalmers for all the Heat's problems in the finals huh? lol.

1. You make too many assumptions about my NBA fandom.

2. I was clearly joking.

3. You'd take Larry Bird with his 112-year-old back shooting a 3 to win the Celtics a championship right now over anyone currently on the roster. :)

Do I need to pull out my When Will Derrick Rose Go Down Again over/under betting board?  Place your wagers now, get the good dates while they're hot! :lol:

For the record, I'm not hoping the guy gets hurt.  I'm just taking the wait and see approach in a live NBA setting.

• Like 1

If it makes jae pull out his hair, get the board going!!!  I'll hold off the ban hammer he'll want to drop on you when Rose goes down. If Rose AND Gasol go down, I don't know if I can hold him off though. He may become unleashed. 

If it makes jae pull out his hair, get the board going!!!  I'll hold off the ban hammer he'll want to drop on you when Rose goes down. If Rose AND Gasol go down, I don't know if I can hold him off though. He may become unleashed. 

Admin protection for my D. Rose trolling?

cm-47778-0510a9f8f4a84d.gif

Should my new betting board design be in Wheel of Fortune mode or Plinko motif via The Price is Right?

Hey, I just dealt with a 20 page thread celebrating the decimation of my team and I am going to put up with potentially 86-90 games of Chris Bosh being my #1 option.  

You deal with Rose's porcelain knees and pray to Jesus, Allah, and Buddah that he doesn't turn into Pistol Pete II. 

• Like 1

Admin protection for my D. Rose trolling?

cm-47778-0510a9f8f4a84d.gif

Should my new betting board design be in Wheel of Fortune mode or Plinko motif via The Price is Right?

Its not your fault that Rose has knees made of paper mache. . . . :)