DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

What's funny about this is that the Twolves already turned down Taj/rights to Mirotic/1st round picks.  This is the exact same offer post-draft.

What's funny about this is that the Twolves already turned down Taj/rights to Mirotic/1st round picks.  This is the exact same offer post-draft.

That deal seems like it superior to the Cav's one, even with WIggins. . .

What's going on with Shawn Marion? Seems like he would have reached a deal with someone by now.

That's what I'm wondering.  Figured the Clippers or Heat would have floated him an offer by now.  He's still a starting caliber guy, and still a great defender.  I hope he doesn't end up on a shitty team, cuz I like the dude.

That deal seems like it superior to the Cav's one, even with WIggins. . .

I'm not sure I agree. With the exception of maybe the Carmelo trade, historically the team that has ended up with the best individual player has been better off after the trade. To take that a step further, if a team is entertaining multiple offers, it stands to reason the one with the best player in the return would be the best offer. I don't think you would get many who would argue that Wiggins is the best of any single player that has been floated Minnesota's way. The Bulls trade almost certainly makes you better this upcoming season than Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st rounder, but probably not moving forward. Also, it's noteworthy that financially, having Wiggins and Bennett on rookie deals makes you way better off from a team building perspective. 

The longer this goes and the more that gets reported makes me think that all of this is being put out there by Flip Saunders because he desperately wants Klay Thompson. He's trying to drum up the cost and start a bidding war that goes high enough so that GS caves. 

The longer this goes and the more that gets reported makes me think that all of this is being put out there by Flip Saunders because he desperately wants Klay Thompson. He's trying to drum up the cost and start a bidding war that goes high enough so that GS caves. 

That makes sense. It also means that he will probably over play his hand and end up with much less than being offered now. . .