DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I think I remember hearing Kobe say he wouldn't want to be a coach.  Something about how his personality wouldn't work as a head coach, which is pretty good self-awareness from him.  I could be wrong about the phrasing but I do remember him mentioning not wanting to coach.

Nash should have enough time to give some pointers from the bench this season.

• Like 1

Yeah I would rather nothing than Cleveland's crap. It's basically the same deal Minnesota made with Boston for Garnett. A deal that everyone now pretty much says happened because of McHale and Ainge being friends. It's not like Minnesota has to trade him before the start of the season. They have until February to get something for him and by then they can see if they are again not making the playoffs which would most certainly be the case by trading him for players that have been nothing for a horrible team in the East.

They got Al Jefferson who is pretty damn good. He's not there anymore but that's not the Celtics fault. they also got Gerald Green who is also solid but again not there anymore. Plus they got two first rounders. Minnesota is just an embarrassing franchise.

I think the solution is Ricky Rubio taking more long jumpers. At least 5 a game. That might net them at least 2 more points every third game.

• Like 1

Lakers should just make Nash and/or Kobe player/coaches this season.  It's a "Fuck it, we'll do it LIVE!" type of season anyway.

Coach Kobe was the highlight of the Mike Brown era.

I still remember when Magic Johnson was Laker coach and how depressed he'd sound after losses and hearing the stories like the time he threw Vlade Divac's cell phone during practice. I'd imagine Kobe would top that and he'd get ejected and fined several times during the season.

I think Nash mentioned he'd rather be a front office exec. than a coach, but I'm sure that might change. D-Fish, I recall said a similar thing and he quickly jumped into coaching.

Yeah I would rather nothing than Cleveland's crap. It's basically the same deal Minnesota made with Boston for Garnett. A deal that everyone now pretty much says happened because of McHale and Ainge being friends. It's not like Minnesota has to trade him before the start of the season. They have until February to get something for him and by then they can see if they are again not making the playoffs which would most certainly be the case by trading him for players that have been nothing for a horrible team in the East.

They got Al Jefferson who is pretty damn good. He's not there anymore but that's not the Celtics fault. they also got Gerald Green who is also solid but again not there anymore. Plus they got two first rounders. Minnesota is just an embarrassing franchise.

Hornets/Bobcats' Jefferson isn't the same player as Wolves' Jefferson. Love was flat-out better than him and they didn't really like each other, anyway. Pek may not score like Al can, but he's been a far better fit next to Love than Ole' Al. And Green? Did you blank on how bad he was til the light bulb came on in Phoenix or how many teams he's been on? Dude's been a career jouneyman who even spent two years out of the league, so don't let the Celtic bias try and pump him up to be something he wasn't.

Random question does international basketball work like FIFA where to play on a national team you have to either be a citizen or have duel citizenship?

Yeah, more or less.  Players with duel citizenship have to decide which country they'll play for and can't change their minds later.  There's some other weirdness that goes on, like Chris Kaman getting to play for the German national team because he had a German grandparent, but that's the gist.

The rumor mill in Milwaukee has Gary Payton and/or Jerry Stackhouse joining Kidd's coaching staff.  I am all fucking in for the fightingest, shit-talkingest coaching staff ever.

• Like 1

Oh come on, man. In back-to-back seasons with the Wolves Jefferson averaged 21/11 and 23/11.  He's been a beast for a long long time. He had a couple injuries along the way but a beast nonetheless.

He was a good player for Minnesota, not a great one. And hardly what I'd call a "beast."

Yeah, looks that way. Of course, Cleveland may say EFF IT, and just hold tight.

Also a good result for Chicago. Wiggins won't be as valuable as Love in his rookie year.

If you are Chicago, who are you willing to give up for Love?

Less than I would a month ago. Since the absolute minimum Minny is likely to take is Taj+Butler+ picks, I feel like we'd be put in a tough situation where all the bigs around Noah are not good defenders.

Obviously, Flip's ask of Taj/Butler/Mirotic/McDermott is a complete non-starter.

I've heard they interested in a Taj/Butler combo, but this means Pau Gasol would have to be willing to come off the bench. Another example of why getting Pau Gasol is so strange to me. 

It's not going to happen.

So the Cavs traded Carrick Felix and a 2nd rounder to Utah for 3 Players that can be cut at no cost to whichever team they end up on. Speculation is that they will be used to grease the wheel and make things work to take on Love and perhaps Barrea and Kevin Martin.

So the Cavs traded Carrick Felix and a 2nd rounder to Utah for 3 Players that can be cut at no cost to whichever team they end up on. Speculation is that they will be used to grease the wheel and make things work to take on Love and perhaps Barrea and Kevin Martin.

Utah also got $1 million in the deal as well. . . .