DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I just finished reading an article right now where the guy suggests the Sixers can trade Embiid or Noel and Thaddeus Young for Roy Hibbert. Wow. Roy Hibbert and Jeremy Lin yeah that is a team in contention for a championship.

I'm still curious where the Rockets think they are getting that kind of money.

Resigning your guy does not effect the cap. It just puts you in luxury tax hell.

I always thought that was just on an extension though. 

its gonna be a busy weekend for everyone in the NBA. Figure Melo decides by tomorrow and that sends whoever doesn't get him into their Plan Bs, Cs, and Zs...

Hope everything gets settled in time for all the rookies to sign to play at least a few games in the summer league. There's still a bunch of guys unable to play in the Vegas one starting tonight.

Somewhere in Miami, Dwayne Wade is saying, "Aw fuck you guys..."

...and Udonis Haslem is popping the trunk.  Somebody is giving Haslem his money one way or another.

I think Haslem will still get his 4 mil, just spread over 2 or 3 years.  Wade's probably taking a haircut, though.

its gonna be a busy weekend for everyone in the NBA. Figure Melo decides by tomorrow and that sends whoever doesn't get him into their Plan Bs, Cs, and Zs...

Everyone's plan B seems to be Trevor Ariza, which is good news for him, since he is reportedly looking for Iguodala money.

Resigning your guy does not effect the cap. It just puts you in luxury tax hell.

Nope.  They can sign up to the salary cap and still match the offer.  But they have to get Bosh signed before they match on Parsons, hence the time limit thing being a pretty serious issue.

Of course, if Bosh signs today, they can fuck with Dallas by waiting until the last possible second to match, since Dallas can't spend that money until Houston officially matches the offer sheet.  And Dallas could then miss out on their own plan B or what have you.

A bit more:  It's because Parsons is technically still on their books right now (at his cap hold number, not the offer sheet number) and thus he is still officially their free agent so they have Bird Rights on him.

If they were to renounce his cap hold (which they won't) they could no longer match the offer.

Sorry RandomAct...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 

Sources say Houston Rockets trying to trade Jeremy Lin to the Los Angeles Lakers. Report now on @SportsCenter

This makes sense for the Lakers since I just don't see how Melo improves this team and he's likely going elsewhere.  Lin for one season if they can add a 1st round pick or more could help the Lakers down the road.

Nope.  They can sign up to the salary cap and still match the offer.  But they have to get Bosh signed before they match on Parsons, hence the time limit thing being a pretty serious issue.

Of course, if Bosh signs today, they can fuck with Dallas by waiting until the last possible second to match, since Dallas can't spend that money until Houston officially matches the offer sheet.  And Dallas could then miss out on their own plan B or what have you.

This is my concern.  We always get caught holding the bag.

Bad thing is, Parsons seemed to REALLY want to play for Dallas.

Lakers should make the Rockets an offer for Asik/Lin. Both expiring and both guys would help the team.  Get a 1st. Rockets wouldn't have to wait on Pelicans to move whoever they need to get under the cap for Bosh and Parsons. 

Besides its not like Morey can't get picks.

We as hoops fans aren't drooling enough about the possibility of Gasol going to the Spurs. One of the best passing big men of his generation on THAT team?

I wonder ifa Bosh move to Houston would encourage Pao to strengthen the Spurs or run East where it really is wide open.