DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I'm getting more pre-depressed by the second. You know what the most Cleveland thing ever is? Trading away two former first round picks and a future first rounder so that you can overpay Trevor Ariza.

If anyone needs me I'll be in my room listening to Sunny Day Real Estate records.

• Like 1

IF Lebron doesn't come, they might as well move Cleveland to Seattle. Not that the NBA couldn't still do well, but it would spare everyone this situation every time he wanted to be an asshole(sorry free agent). Besides it would also be the most Cleveland thing to do. . . 

If any Cavs fan acts like a loon, it's on them.  Nothing has been promised. LeBron hasn't said a peep, and he doesn't have an interview with Jim Gray scheduled.  He's seriously considering going back to Cleveland, which is more attention than most would give the jersey burners.

Heads up... Regardless of where he goes, Lebron is going to be the talk of the town for the next few weeks. I am going to create a Lebron's Decision thread so lets move Lebron talk over there so we can focus on Carmelo staying in New York and Alfredo's fascination with former Lakers players getting paid big bucks here. 

According to Mike McGraw from the Daily Herald as well as Stephen A. Smith from ESPN, the Chicago Bulls are emerging as targets once again for Carmelo Anthony as he begins to have second thoughts about re-signing with the New York Knicks.

I don't really get any criticism of Lebron here. It's not his job to rush an important career decision. He appears to be avoiding the sheer stupidity of repeating the mistake he made with The Decision and he's just kept his mouth shut. There's really nothing to critique about the guy this time.

That's part of what makes this insanity funnier, in a way.

PJ Tucker's getting paid: 3 yrs/$16.5 from the Suns.  I'm really thrilled for him: the Tucker/Aldridge Texas teams were some of my favorites and I'm glad he finally caught on in the NBA.  

Of course when he was on the preseason roster last year I said something to the effect of "Well that's nice, but he'll never make the team" so I clearly don't know shit.

I'm thinking today's decision might be why Carmelo started thinking Bulls again. We could probably go to the finals next year while the Cavs work out the kinks.

So now can Houston get Lin dumped (presumably on Philly for some reason) and Bosh signed before the Parsons deadline to match.

And, if not...  Do they give up on Bosh or do they let Parsons go for free?