DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I'm not sure I would trade at least four years of Wiggins for one of Kevin Love. Lebron or no, there is literally zero chance of that dude staying in Cleveland. 

There was a story a week ago somewhere that he already claimed he would stay. If LeBron goes back and plays for that shit head owner again after everything that went down anything is possible.

I think the Bucks should offer him the veteran minimum, a condo on the Milwaukee waterfront and 89% ownership stake in the team. Would that get him?

Lebron would last until his first bad game in NY, then the media and fans would tear into him, and he'd turn into basketball's A-Rod.

I think you have completely forgotten the first year the Heat were together.   I'm willing to bet that no NBA team (NY Knicks included) has had that level of daily media coverage, and it was on a national level.  Also, the coverage definitely was not all puff and positive pieces to say the least.

Edited by _MJ_

You realize you're condemning him for actions he hasn't taken yet and has no possibility of controlling.

I'm ok with this.

It beats staring at the Lakers roster, reports of Melo staying in New York and crying.

Here's LATimes cap guru take on Rockets situation.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus 

Rockets need to officially trade Asik and Lin - then get a FA (like Bosh) to sign - then match on Parsons - in 3 days of offer sheet

We all know Morey doesn't sleep, so he can probably pull this off, but some of this (Bosh & Melo) is out of his hands. Still very interesting if Lebron & Melo keep everything in the same holding pattern for a few days. Could come down to the wire.

The only way anyone was prying him from Houston was to overpay.  I'm not THRILLED with the terms, BUT I think Parsons has huge upside.  We'll also still have tons of cap next season.

I'm just over here like

Seeing several NBA people tweeting that Lebron's heading back to Cleveland. I'll wait until Woj breaks the news.

Well, its Chris Sheridan, so who knows...maybe wait a bit.

Edited by AlfredoE

Rumblings of moving trucks outside of Bron's home in Miami.  If he leaves, I'm fairly certain Bosh heads to Houston.  If that happens, who becomes the favorite in the East?  Rebuilding Cleveland?  Charlotte, or Chicago?

So Kobe is holding a press conference that amounts to "My summer's pretty good.  You?"  I think he's jealous of the attention the free agents are getting.

No numbers hate thrown my way with Parsons.  I usually don't get into "who is a max player?" discussions because I always say you're max player if someone is willing to pay you max player money.  Where you rate on the talent scale compared to other max players is another question.

As for Lebron, I wish he could return to Cleveland without Dan Gilbert benefiting.  That is the only angle of this that makes me double take because there's something distasteful about that dude.  Everything else is gravy.

Edited by _MJ_

So Kobe is holding a press conference that amounts to "My summer's pretty good.  You?"  I think he's jealous of the attention the free agents are getting.

Its his summer camp. They have to fill time on TWC Sportsnet.

I missed this Woj tweet when he was mentioning the Parsons-Mavs offer sheet.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

Chandler Parsons will make $5 million more than Dirk Nowitzki, who coincidentally, has a standing offer for a max deal with the Rockets.

That's interesting and hilarious since Dirk's always made it known he wouldn't leave the Mavs.

I wish someone would do a parody skit based on the daily lives of "sources close to *insert star athlete*" for journalist's stories.

I need to apply for that job.

Edited by _MJ_