DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Aren't they trying to bring in Goran's brother too?

Yeah. They have the cap room to do so, too, seemingly. It's also a good idea since they no doubt want to resign Goran whose contract comes up.

They should have at least two of Goran/Bledsoe/Thomas on the court at all times next season. That's such a problem. I love all three of those guys. This is one of my favorite backcourts in recent vintage.

Aren't they trying to bring in Goran's brother too?

Yeah. They have the cap room to do so, too, seemingly. It's also a good idea since they no doubt want to resign Goran whose contract comes up.

They should have at least two of Goran/Bledsoe/Thomas on the court at all times next season. That's such a problem. I love all three of those guys. This is one of my favorite backcourts in recent vintage.

I love the whole team.  The big guys can pull out and stretch the court.  It is fun to watch them play their game which is the future of the NBA.

Zoran's an attempt to keep Goran. A smart move, since that dude can play a little bit.

I dunno, it's a small financial investment but it's using up a roster spot where they could really use another shooting wing or backup big.  Hopefully Zoran doesn't turn out to be a Chris Smith.

"Boris is having pina coladas. We have a pool where you guess his weight. You have to start at 275."  Greg Popovich is the fucking best.

• Like 1

Dude I'm getting so bodied for this season.  Shit is gonna be amazing.

I know I'm itching for it to get started. Looking forward to seeing Noel, Grant and McDaniels develop this year. I really like this approach of taking players that can already defend. Develop their offense game in pros based on how you want to use them. When someone can defend you already know that they put effort into what they are doing. Saric said at the draft he can get out in 1 year. Looks like there is at least a shot next year of having the core four ready to go.

Embiid

Noel

Saric

SG

MCW

I have to say I agree with the talk in town of Klay Thompson fitting in there perfectly. Even the pieces of a decent bench seem to be in place. I don't know maybe it is just rose colored glasses but I think the team has been incredibly lucky the last 2 off-seasons with getting Noel and Embiid. Plus great value in the 2nd round getting guys that slipped because of combine performance.

Tankadelphia 2.0 - The Tankening Continues

The best part will be hearing the commentators yearn for an 8 seed and first round exit ceiling.  

The reporters are bitter that they keep getting played. First with, what thankfully turned out to be nonsense, Hinkie's alleged Wiggins fetish. Follow that up with the Bennett trade that didn't happen. They have no reliable sources for information in the organization. I don't know what the tv ratings were for the games last year. I am sure they were incredibly low. Hopefully not so low that they ever drifted into the range of the Houston Astros the last couple years. The Astros highlight being the 0.0 rating with an estimated 2,000 viewers. Point being that the writers aren't really even writing for the people that watch the games. More like the people waiting for them to win to watch. I just don't see how anyone could be unhappy with what has gone down so far. I get wanting to see at least one of the first rounders play this year. But they got the first round pick back from Orlando from the awful Bynum trade and Saric looks like a player. Them all going to Spain to support Saric was the best.

Saric-fan-section-2.jpg

Saric looks taller than his listed height

joel%2Bembiid%2Bmcw%2Bnoel%2Bsaric%2Besp

You have no idea how happy I am about the Sixers.  People can complain but they have three legit tall prospects.  The starting five you posted gets me excited for this team in a couple of years.

Everything they are doing is right.  From drafting solid lottery prospects (MCW ROY at 11 when the top 10 was bad), good second round prospects, accumulating draft picks (look at the negative balance on their trades sometime), and being realistic and frank about the future.  

Sending the guys over to hang with Saric was awesome.  Classy move from a rebuilding franchise trying to convince a guy to come over to what will be a bad team when he arrives.

It would not surprise me if the Sixers ratings were close to zero.  Philadelphia is the hardest market to sell pro basketball in the nation.  You have six college teams, the Big 5 games, and a ton of college fans.  You have to work to sell tickets in this town because the college games get more time.  Every office has multiple built in rivalries so it is almost impossible to sell the pro game,

The best part of the Sixers games has been Malik Rose.  I have no idea how he is not doing national broadcasts.

• Like 1

IIRC, there is some extenuating circumstances around the Astros ratings, something about them signing a local deal with a network that a surprisingly small number of people in the greater Houston area can actually get.

Man, I love the Joel Embiid pick.  A guy whose floor/ceiling range appears to literally be "Sam Bowie 3.0*" to "The Second Coming of The Dream" is someone you have to be excited to see hit the NBA.

*Oden, obviously, being 2.0

• Like 2