DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Getting Rodney Stuckey instead of Lance Stephenson is like when you ask for a GI Joe for Christmas and your parents buy you an off brand one at the dollar store, then try and guilt trip you about money when you get pissed. 

I asked Mom for Adidas and she got me Zips!

• Like 2

Getting Rodney Stuckey instead of Lance Stephenson is like when you ask for a GI Joe for Christmas and your parents buy you an off brand one at the dollar store, then try and guilt trip you about money when you get pissed. 

Army Pete?

Also, Joel Embiid just put the moves on Kim Kardashian because he didn't know she was married.  This dude is a delight.

• Like 1

Joel Embiid hitting on Kim Kardashian on twitter, finding out she's married, and then apologizing and backing off was something...

I was just coming in to post this.  If dude can play even a little he's going to be a huge star with his charisma.

I'd like to see the Pacers give Brandon Rush a look.  They can probably get him for cheap and he gives them the shooting and defense they need.  

They need to put him on commentary. I like Malik Rose so keep him too. It is my own fault for watching all the games but some of those 4th quarters were brutal. Both announcers were clearly bored. It was like watching a long Divas match involving Aksana by most 4th quarters. 

I asked Mom for Adidas and she got me Zips!

What the fuck is it about parents not remembering how traumatizing getting the wrong gift for Christmas was?  My mom was 22 when I was born, and I can say as a 33 year old man that I remember being heartbroken over getting the bootleg version of shit very well.  A fucking G.I. Joe wasn't going to put anyone in the poor house, so why get the moderately cheaper version?

I remember one year my mother bought me a hockey stick for Christmas, just like I asked. I'm one of them weirdos who writes/throws/bats/golfs right, but shoots a hockey stick left. I told her later in the day that I liked the hockey stick, but that I shoot left-handed, could we return it later? The response: "Learn to shoot right-handed". I was 7 years old when this happened, and 28 years later, it's the worst Christmas memory I have.

So fuck shitty Christmas gifts. She wonders why me and my brothers want to have a few beers on Christmas Day.

Heh, I still think they are a top 3 team in the East.  As long as PG and Hibbert actually fucking show up, they are a very dangerous team.

Better than the Wiz?

Honestly, yeah.  Maybe not by much, but I think they finish with a better record.

Lance's possible replacement...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 

Also hearing Pacers are expressing serious interest in Rodney Stuckey to fill backcourt void created by Lance Stephenson's move to Charlotte

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*catches breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

How many teams have their amnesty left? Seems like the Bulls have been saving their's for Boozer since every team got one.

Hawks, Celtics, Grizzlies, Thunder, & Spurs. The Jazz, Kings, and Pistons never used theirs and have nobody they can use it on.

Heh, I still think they are a top 3 team in the East. As long as PG and Hibbert actually fucking show up, they are a very dangerous team.

Better than the Wiz?

Honestly, yeah. Maybe not by much, but I think they finish with a better record.
Hmm. I guess it really depends on how you view Hibbert. I was so high on him last year, but would totally rather have Gortat at this point. Outside of George who else on the Pacers starting 5 is better than their counterpart in Washington?

Vogel is really the only reason I see them staying afloat. In past years you could point to the bench, but without Lance and Granger they're starting to look really thin.

I'm honestly not sold on PG yet either. He has that Durant thing about him where he gets lost in the shuffle standing around from time to time instead of dominating the game like a player of his caliber should. The difference is KD is otherworldly efficient and PG is not. It's more noticeable I guess.

I just think that both George and Hibbert will be "on" enough for them to finish top 3.  I agree that losing Granger really had a negative effect on the team.  Scola was a bust.  But also factor in how insanely competitive David West is.  I no longer see them as a contender, but still a 50 win team.

DOUBLE LANCE CAM! 

MilkyShamelessFantail.gif

Drake had some good nba-related lines last night.  I dug the Donald Sterling joke, if only for Blake's reaction, and I have to give props to this one:  

“I’ve been to Seattle. Their fans are incredible. If Century Link field was any louder, Russell Westbrook would be wearing it."

And of course this bit:

http://youtu.be/kTYaCBTPRbk

Per the link I just posted - 3 teams have it left

OKC (Only Kevin Durant is eligible)

Atlanta (Only Al Horford is eligible)

Memphis (Only Mike Conley is eligible)