DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

BsMu57ECUAApCZH.png

Seems appropriate right now.

Listening to Barkley's take on what Lebron should do and its pretty stupid. Lebron made the right decision 4 years ago. Heat went to 4 finals, won 2 rings. That's very impressive. They got their lunch handed to them this year by the Spurs, but its not like that doesn't happen to teams that go to multiple finals. If Lebron's gonna leave, it should be because he thinks Cavs have a better roster and chance of winning.

Edited by AlfredoE
  • Like 3

Still funny to see teams signing all the Lakers bench guys so quickly this summer. Steve Blake joins Chris Kaman w/ Portland...

@WojYahooNBA: Portland has reached an agreement with guard Steve Blake, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Also, Mavs will submit offer sheet for Parsons later tonight.

I'm just sad that the potential White Out on the floor the Lakers were so close to at so many points last year is being broken up.

Still funny to see teams signing all the Lakers bench guys so quickly this summer. Steve Blake joins Chris Kaman w/ Portland...

@WojYahooNBA: Portland has reached an agreement with guard Steve Blake, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Also, Mavs will submit offer sheet for Parsons later tonight.

I'm just sad that the potential White Out on the floor the Lakers were so close to at so many points last year is being broken up.

And not so fast... Woj says Houston is feverishly working on a sign and trade before the sheet gets signed. 

I'm fine with a sign and trade, as long as we don't get stupid with it again.  I'm picture Felton/pick/possibly Crowder for Parsons/Lin.  I REALLY don't want to lose Crowder though.

Edit: Nevermind

@Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Dallas delivered Chandler Parsons' $46M sheet to Houston, ending sign-and-trade talks, source tells Yahoo. Rockets have three days to match.

I think this is a huge case of over-reacting. Hell, with some very minor tweaking, the Heat would have guaranteed themselves a 5th Finals in a row. Now, Lebron may go to Cleveland? Bosh to Houston? I am spoiled by the consistency that is the Spurs organization but the Heat were about to do some unprecedented shit in the modern era. If I were a Heat fan, I would be shocked if Lebron left but happy if Bosh left. Bosh's salary could free up a lot of space for quality teammates that can average out to more than 15 points and 7 boards or whatever he was averaging. 

• Like 1

If I were a Heat fan, I would want Wade to be the one leaving. I understand the loyalty aspect with him, but he's clearly the weakest of the three at this point, and his knees are done. His money plus LeBron and Bosh could build a better team.

Woj sez the Cavs pressed the Celtics and Nets to get the trade paperwork through quickly in order to free up their cap space.  So it sounds like something will happen soon.

The latest internet rumor is that Bron's people notified the Bath, OH police to be prepared for a celebration tonight.  That's unsourced from one (non-Woj) reporter so take it with a big grain of salt.

Woj sez the Cavs pressed the Celtics and Nets to get the trade paperwork through quickly in order to free up their cap space.  So it sounds like something will happen soon.

The latest internet rumor is that Bron's people notified the Bath, OH police to be prepared for a celebration tonight.  That's unsourced from one (non-Woj) reporter so take it with a big grain of salt.

The police are going to have "increased patrols" that's all i've seen. 

Also...

BsL9UIhIQAAAJhO.jpg

• Like 1

Latest from Woj on free agents not in the Lebron/Melo/Bosh group...

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 

Restricted free agent guard Isaiah Thomas visiting Suns today, sources tell Yahoo. Suns looking to build on deep backcourt.

Suns going to have 3 point guards. Maybe they're planning a trade or they think someone might throw an offer sheet at Bledsoe.

Only if at least one of them is so he can play some DEEEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL

We'd get him when he's 46 and can only put up 8/4 every night. And he'd still start.

I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that twitter wasn't around in 2004-2005 for the Terrell Owens circus. 

All the Heat fans here seem like good people but I still can't help but hope they lose James and end having to replace him with Evan Turner.

• Like 1

Only if at least one of them is so he can play some DEEEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL

We'd get him when he's 46 and can only put up 8/4 every night. And he'd still start.

*Looks at current Detroit roster*

Yeah, he'll still take less bad midrange jumpers.

Aren't the ESPYs this weekend?

Lebron should walk out in a Heat jersey, then tear it away to reveal the Cavs jersey underneath.

Then tearing that way to reveal one of the other 28 teams then repeating 29 more times till the last jersey is for Duke. Lebron has decided to quite basketball and attended Duke in the fall instead of playing basketball.

• Like 2