DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

You have no fucking idea. I really reached the point where I absolutely didn't care as long as it ended a few days ago. If he drags this on he's going to end up being the only person in North American professional sports history to either have their jersey burnt in 2 different cities or have his jerseys burnt in the same city twice.

If the end result of all of this is Wade and some guys I'm fine with that. I survived this team http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2008.html for fuck's sake.

Too funny not to post.

BsIIQayCYAA2LOA.jpg

• Like 2

I think this is all fun.  It gets some excitement about basketball in July, of all months.   People were giving the Jodie Meeks deal the stink eye last week, and now it's a distance memory after today's potential deals.

Also, Lebron (or Carmelo) have not officially said one thing about when they're signing, and this is basically just media guys/fans saying things on twitter (usually wrong things) and from undisclosed sources, yet the tension is directed at the players.

I'd really like to hear D-Wade's take on this when the dust settles.  Guy opted out of 2 years and big money thinking everyone would come back and now he might end up coming back to a team without those two. I'm sure the Heat would pay him well, but still, kinda sucks and y'all know if it happens Wade has to do the right thing and unfollow Lebron and Bosh on twitter. :)

I'd really like to hear D-Wade's take on this when the dust settles.  Guy opted out of 2 years and big money thinking everyone would come back and now he might end up coming back to a team without those two. I'm sure the Heat would pay him well, but still, kinda sucks and y'all know if it happens Wade has to do the right thing and unfollow Lebron and Bosh on twitter. :)

Wade will recoup not all of the money he lost by opting out. Udonis Haslem is the one who seems to get screwed the most.

I have nothing to do but get over excited by summer league games. This Nerlens Noel guy can really move. Luckily he hasn't put on too much weight since he will probably have to move to the 4 next year. Really quick getting into passing lanes. Not bad form on free throws which is a promising sign. Since he will at least need to be able to hit 15 footers at a decent percentage due to all the room Embiid will need to operate since he can go in any direction. Actually operate might be a bad choice of words with him. 

I have nothing to do but get over excited by summer league games. This Nerlens Noel guy can really move. Luckily he hasn't put on too much weight since he will probably have to move to the 4 next year. Really quick getting into passing lanes. Not bad form on free throws which is a promising sign. Since he will at least need to be able to hit 15 footers at a decent percentage due to all the room Embiid will need to operate since he can go in any direction. Actually operate might be a bad choice of words with him. 

I saw a couple of Noel highlights from the summer league and damn he moves like a gazelle.

I don't think there will be an problems playing him and Embiid together. Embiid has a little more range to his game, so he might be the one keeping the lane open for Noel.  Sixers might be scary when those two are healthy and out East.

Here's the latest guy getting paid this summer!

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 

Greivis Vasquez will sign a two-year, $13 million deal to stay with Toronto, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Seems like a lot for a backup point guard, but this is a new age in the NBA.

• Like 1

I just figured "max-max" was quicker than saying "everybody keeps saying max but TECHNICALLY it's not the absolute maximum amount of dollars someone could pay".

And now I said it anyway.

You win this round....

I love this speculation season. Must be driving Heat fans batshit crazy!!!

Most Heat fans probably wait until August before they start paying attention to free agency.

Most Heat fans - not Dolfan, to be clear - will just buy the jersey of whoever looks like the best guy on the best team come season time. 

• Like 1

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 

Greivis Vasquez will sign a two-year, $13 million deal to stay with Toronto, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Seems like a lot for a backup point guard, but this is a new age in the NBA.

They put him on the floor with Lowry, so he's going to be used more as a backup combo guard with sixth man minutes.  They probably gave him a little bit extra per year to accept a two year deal when he probably wanted the security of a 3-4 year deal at $4-5m per year.  It makes him a very movable contract to a team that needs a short-term solution at PG.