DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

The further away from Linsanity we get, the more bizarre it seems.

I mean, that guy spent a couple weeks average something like 28 points and 7 assists a game?  That guy?!?  Really?

Lin was awesome during that three weeks where he was the best scorer in the league, drawing sell out crowds on the road, and hitting buzzer beaters. That game vs. The Lakers at MSG where he had nearly 40 points and the dagger three had me thinking he was legit, then they played the Heat and Mario Chalmers of all people had him locked up.

I always viewed Lin as a weird statistic anomaly. Many good role players have the same number of 25-30 point games in their careers, Lin just happened to have all of them in a two week stretch. In a way, it was bound to happen for somebody. 

To be fair to Lin, he went from not playing at all to being the number 1 option after Melo and Amar'e got hurt within a couple games. The smartest thing Lin did was sit out that playoff series vs. The Heat. No way he gets the contract he gets if he plays and gets locked up by that Chalmers/Cole combo again.

Not going to read too much in to it, but the great and powerful Woj has tweeted out that Bosh's agent is reaching out to teams to make sure that he would still be offered the max, and that Bosh has expressed concerns about Lebron signing a short contract and leaving in another two years while Bosh is stuck. 

The Cavs are speaking to multiple teams about unloading Jarrett Jack and a 1st rounder to open up max money. 

Most people were, but won't admit it. After Linsanity passed, I didn't think he was worthy of being an All-Star, but it's a let down that he hasn't even gotten close to that level by now.

He's a system player playing with a ball dominant shooting guard. Lin is a good offensive player. Is he 28 and 7 good? No but I'd rather have Lin than a lot of other guards.

If a team gives Bosh the max I hope they have star player or they're paying $20M to be in No Man's Land. This is no slight against Bosh, I love him as a person and player but the max should be reserved for the best of the best and not a guy who will get you as far as game 5 or 6 in the first round.

He's a system player playing with a ball dominant shooting guard. Lin is a good offensive player. Is he 28 and 7 good? No but I'd rather have Lin than a lot of other guards.

If a team gives Bosh the max I hope they have star player or they're paying $20M to be in No Man's Land. This is no slight against Bosh, I love him as a person and player but the max should be reserved for the best of the best and not a guy who will get you as far as game 5 or 6 in the first round.

I thought that's why there's going to be a lockout

YOU ARE DELIBERATELY BAITING ME.

tumblr_n3rv4jfQoO1rlxdp2o1_400.gif

THEY WILL RE-SIGN.  THEY WILL... THEY WILL...

Bosh taking the max in Houston presents the same problems with giving it to Melo. At the end of the day either Dwight or Bosh aren't going to get enough touches or produce enough to justify what they're being paid. I don't know what Houston's obsession with starfucking is, they'd be so much better served getting support pieces and role players.

• Like 1