DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Windhorst is saying Lebron wants a max deal, which he richly deserves but contradicts what he's said. Him getting the max here seems like it would cripple any chance of Miami retooling with a Lowry, Gortat, or Gasol. Very disappointing if true, especially with how Wade, Bosh, and Haslem are all apparently willing to take less.

Then again it's Windhorst so....

Various media places are saying this now, not just Windhorst...unless I missed credit given to him which I don't think I did.

Anyway, I agree with you 100%. Of anyone in the league, he totally deserves it, but it also goes against his whole mindset and no matter what, when you take a max contract, you're going to hinder your team to some extent and for someone like LeBron who's always had bad teams surronding him, that might not be a good thing.

Yahoo is reporting the Raptors are going to offer Lowry a contract starting at $14.5M which is absolutely fucking mental. Can't wait until we have the lockout in 2017.

edit: Nevermind I guess Yahoo got scammed like Bucher.

Woj with this news late night...

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 

Kyrie Irving intends to sign 5-year, $90 million extension with the Cavaliers, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Commitment came in meeting.

Seems like Trevor Ariza is getting interest from every team in the NBA. Melo has set up meetings with the Bulls (Tues), Mavs & Rockets (Wed), Lakers (Thurs). Lowry has gotten calls from a bunch of teams including Rockets, Heat, Lakers, Raptors. Chandler Parsons might get an offer sheet from one of the teams that misses out on Melo.

THIS JUST IN!!!!

Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan 

Lakers also called Nick Young's reps to express interest in him. Young scored career-high 17.9 points last season, declined $1.2M option

Bring back Swaggy P!!!

Fuck Jason Kidd. Seriously. This is straight up ridiculous.

So it is ridiculous that someone who they were threatening to fire before Christmas decided he didn't want to be there any more?  Are we forgetting how much shit he got when the team full of senior citizens didn't perform immediately.  They basically made him a laughing stock within the first three months of his tenure despite the fact that the team was full of guys who were basically falling apart.  Between KG, Williams and Lopez they were basically the walking wounded, and then eventually they turned it around to the point that they won a playoff series.  I would have left too, fuck those people.  If you want to throw me out with the bath water within a month or two don't be mad when I decide to tell you to fuck off when it turns out you were wrong about me.

• Like 1

Dianna Russini - one of the local sports reporters - is saying that the Wizards and Marcin Gortat will be completing a 5 year deal within the next couple of hours

• Like 1

The Wizards are going all-in on the Wall/Beal duo leading the team in the future, then. I can't really blame them since Beal really has a chance to become a superstar and Wall's still improving despite having a few years under his belt. It probably would have made sense for them to clear room and try and get Melo or another free agent because then they have a chance to steal the East depending on what else happens with rosters elsewhere. But that's a risky play, since the Wizards are far from a glamor team. Lock up what you have and hope that Wall/Beal become a Splash Brothers East variant.

Kyrie signing an extension with the Cavs is pretty nuts, considering that team's chemistry issues and constant coaching changes.

They mock and they jeer.

abd-6-30-2014.gif

They will re-sign.  They will... They will. 

Dolfan... calling you out. So the Heat get the Big 3... they don't want to go over the cap, they are still going to give Haslem the Veteran Thank You card and they are going to pay LeBron the max. Who else do you pick up to surround The Big Two and Wade? 

To be fair to Kyrie, the chemistry issues have been reported by Windhurst and others who have also consistently reported that there was no chance Kyrie would re-sign. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I would say that some people at ESPN seemingly have a fetish for shitting on Cleveland, with Bill Simmons chief among them. They have an owner who isn't afraid to open his checkbook, a new coach that is world renowned, and a roster set to improve. Ignoring Lebron for a second, the Cavs could sign someone like Parsons or Hayward and would have a roster that is comparable to what the Wizards had last year when they were the darlings of the NBA. I don't think any situation Kyrie could go to that wouldn't involve a massive pay cut is decidedly better than Cleveland, truthfully.

Bulls busting out the photoshop skills:

BreXUv7CUAMbx39.jpg

Apparently all the players are in attendance to pitch Carmelo. The way Noah has been acting, this might get X-rated.

They mock and they jeer.

abd-6-30-2014.gif

Dolfan... calling you out. So the Heat get the Big 3... they don't want to go over the cap, they are still going to give Haslem the Veteran Thank You card and they are going to pay LeBron the max. Who else do you pick up to surround The Big Two and Wade? 

I am of the school of thought that LeBron's "I want a max" deal is meant for everyone except Miami. If anyone else wants to talk to him, a max contract is where the negotiations begin (eliminating Cleveland, Brooklyn, LAL, etc.).   If Lowry gets locked up by Toronto and Gortat re-ups with DC, I think they turn to Pau with the "you want money or titles" approach that worked with so many others. Allen comes back at the minimum, and they take their chances with Cole/Parker at PG. Starting 5 is Bosh/Pau/James/Wade/Cole. 

Other names?   Hawes, Marion, maybe Jordan Hill?   I've heard Sefalosha, but I doubt the Heat can afford him.  

I'm available and can wave a mean towel.  Not to be confused with a Terrible Towel, that's a whole different thing.

They mock and they jeer.

abd-6-30-2014.gif

I am of the school of thought that LeBron's "I want a max" deal is meant for everyone except Miami. If anyone else wants to talk to him, a max contract is where the negotiations begin (eliminating Cleveland, Brooklyn, LAL, etc.).   If Lowry gets locked up by Toronto and Gortat re-ups with DC, I think they turn to Pau with the "you want money or titles" approach that worked with so many others. Allen comes back at the minimum, and they take their chances with Cole/Parker at PG. Starting 5 is Bosh/Pau/James/Wade/Cole. 

Other names?   Hawes, Marion, maybe Jordan Hill?   I've heard Sefalosha, but I doubt the Heat can afford him.  

I'd like to see Miami give Jameer Nelson a look if Lowry doesn't pan out. I'd also trade Cole if possible. I don't think you can go into next season with Cole and Napier as the point guards.

Nelson, Pau, Marion, Hill, maybe Okafor would be good signings on the cheap. Ariza would be good too but he'll cost way too much, he'll probably be the most overpaid guy out there.

I've heard the Heat being interested in Steve Blake, Shawn Marion, Vince Carter, Luol Deng, and Trevor Ariza.

Blake makes a lot of sense to me.