DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

The draft is cool and all, but let's talk about all you fools a few pages back who clearly DID NOT watch enough Anthony Davis last year.  The dude topped the league in blocks while also somehow being only a mediocre rim protector.  It's because he does a lot of chase down/weird angle blocks that show up on highlight reels, but no one was afraid of going to the rim against that team.

Asik changes everything.  He allows AD to play his natural position AND continue to gamble on blocks like the freak he is.  The trade will help Davis on both ends of the court and free up Ryan Anderson to come off the bench.  I'd put money down on NO in the playoffs next year.

Davis is going to be the best player in the West.  It's just a matter of time.

No clue how to feel about McDermott right now.  It does fill a hole, but ehh..

Edit: To clarify the ehh...

I personally like the pick, but Thibs ain't gonna play him no matter how perfect his shot is.  I'll maybe be excited about him next year.

Pelicans just need to stay healthy. A little more bench depth wouldn't hurt either. Maybe Rivers improves. Question is what do they do at the 3 spot. Neither Evans nor Anderson are perfect fits for that spot. They certainly have help around the basket now though. That is 6 players that will give you productive minutes either way. Holiday, Gordon, Anderson and Evans can all score.