DVDVR Message Board

Looking ahead to the Inhumans movie, I wonder who they'll cast as Black Bolt. I mean, how many actors that you would want as a lead in a big movie will want to play the part with almost no dialogue?

I think the rumor a while back was that they were going to get Vin Diesel to do it, as the inverse to his role as Groot.

From Marvel.com:

“This Captain Marvel’s name is Carol Danvers," said Feige. "This film has been in the works almost as long as Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out, and one of the key things was figuring out what we wanted to do with it. Her adventures are very earthbound, but her powers are based in the cosmic realm.”

And also, concerning Strange:

"It takes a while to work on these movies before they're ready to come to you in theaters," said Feige. "Doctor Stephen Strange, brilliant neurosurgeon, bit of an arrogant fellow who gets in a car accident and ruins what he thinks are the tools of his trade: his hands.

"In the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the supernatural, that involves everything from quantum mechanics to string theory. The idea of this film is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe. We want to enter, through Strange, the world of parallel dimensions."

I wonder how the introduction of parallel dimensions could factor into the other upcoming movies.

From Marvel.com:

“This Captain Marvel’s name is Carol Danvers," said Feige. "This film has been in the works almost as long as Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out, and one of the key things was figuring out what we wanted to do with it. Her adventures are very earthbound, but her powers are based in the cosmic realm.”

And also, concerning Strange:

"It takes a while to work on these movies before they're ready to come to you in theaters," said Feige. "Doctor Stephen Strange, brilliant neurosurgeon, bit of an arrogant fellow who gets in a car accident and ruins what he thinks are the tools of his trade: his hands.

"In the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the supernatural, that involves everything from quantum mechanics to string theory. The idea of this film is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe. We want to enter, through Strange, the world of parallel dimensions."

I wonder how the introduction of parallel dimensions could factor into the other upcoming movies.

While I can't see it as a feature film, Marvel Zombies would make for a fun hone release extra.

In terms of feature film there's always Squadron Supreme.

Looking ahead to the Inhumans movie, I wonder who they'll cast as Black Bolt. I mean, how many actors that you would want as a lead in a big movie will want to play the part with almost no dialogue?

A role where you can't talk, but only emote by using body language sounds pretty challenging actually.

But of course this is an action movie, so yeah, they could go the Vin Diesel route.

So happy they announced Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Never seen Boseman in anything so I have no opinion on him one way or the other. Really hoping Katee Sackhoff ends up as Carol.

I think the rumor a while back was that they were going to get Vin Diesel to do it, as the inverse to his role as Groot.

I actually like this idea.

Good news for Fowler, they've said that Civil War is gonna be an international affair AND is not about secret identities and is more about who is reporting to who. Why is this good news? It seems that like "Age of Ultron", this isn't gonna have anything in common with the comic book "Civil War" other than the name.

Well, it's still supposed to be about superheroes being put under the thumb of a government agency of some sort.  And presumably it still tries to set up a conflict between Tony and Steve where there is any possibility that Captain Fucking America isn't 100% right.

WB/DC should pass up the billion dollars Superman/Batman is going to make? What?

Anyway, I love the looks of this lineup. I was hoping for Black Panther. Check. I was hoping for Inhumans. Check. I was hoping for Infinity Gauntlet and it's going to be TWO MOVIES. HOLY SHIT.

I'm not crazy about Captain America: Civil War but we'll see what they do with it...

Also, which phase is Ant Man going to be in? I assume he's the beginning of Phase 3?

I guess one of the big questions about Captain America: Civil War wil be: Will Steve Rogers still be alive by the end of the movie?

I believe after Cap 3, Chris Evans has one more movie on his contract. I think he disappears after Cap 3 for awhile and shows back up in Infinity War Part II.

How do you end a phase with Ant-Man? What exactly is going to come from that besides an origin?

I think that's outdated. Marvel laid it out like that a few years ago, but I think since then they've revised it to just make it "a phase ends after an Avengers movie". But I may be wrong.

Infinity War being split into 2 parts make me more optimistic they'll bring in every for the climatic fight. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Agent Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Falcon, Winter Solider, Iron Patriot, the Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly even the Inhumans and Captain Marvel (more likely in part 2). That last fight could be the largest action sequence in film history if they go that route. No joke.

• Like 1