DVDVR Message Board

They can also always make a reference to the fact that their dad was an infamous mutant terrorist without ever using his name.  The audience will know (especially if they've seen DOFP) and no one will violate any deals.  It honestly isn't THAT hard to work in oblique references to events and characters you can't specifically use if you know in advance you're going to have to do it; people working in derivative media have been doing it for decades.  

I honestly think that most people's problems with the DCE movies are less the minor changes to backstories than a general feeling that the tone and attitude don't work properly for the characters (at least in terms of Man of Steel.  If anything, Green Lantern's problem was being too slavishly devoted to a single story that was just-okay to begin with.)

Why the hell are they in this movie? It makes zero sense.

Because Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are awesome.

Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver join the Avengers - Issue #16

Magneto is revealed as their dad - Issue 234 (I just read it last week, Roger Stern is a new fave)

It was actually revealed earlier (around the #180's or #190's) but only cryptically in a letters column, IIRC.

I don't disagree with either of your posts, I just find it funny that minor changes to DC properties = "This shit sucks!" and major changes to Marvel properties =

"Give it a chance!!"

Be a little more consistent! :)

Despite how much they have alienated me over the last several years, I care significantly more about DC's characters than I do Marvel's.  I am a virtually lifelong DC fanboy, and only a much more casual Marvel fan.  So, when they change up some stuff in a Marvel movie, it doesn't matter to me.  When they completely fuck up Superman, it pisses me the fuck off. 

Because who gives a fuck about The Mandarin? 

I loved Iron Man 3's take on the Mandarin, personally. I thought it was brilliant. But, yeah, I don't give a fuck about the Mandarin. Could have been (AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN!) Fin Fang Foom as the main villain, damnit.

• Like 1

Nobody cares about Madarin. And anyone who claims otherwise is lying.

Big a dope as ever. 

If all he had was the Acts Of Vengeance story in X-Men, that would make him a top shelf villain. Factor in he is the only good Iron Man villain that is not another guy in armor and the Iron Man 3 reveal is even worse. 

• Like 2