DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase One: Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and The Avengers/Avengers Assemble (2012)

Marvel Phase Two: Iron Man 3 (2013), Thor: The Dark World (2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) and The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Marvel Phase Three: Ant-Man (2015), Doctor Strange.

Marvel One-Shots: The Consultant (2011), A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (2011), Item 47 (2012), Agent Carter (2013) and All Hail the King (2014)

TV: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013).

Thoughts on the films already out and on the films to come?

EDIT: Added Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. today (20th July), forgot about that. Thought we could talk about that here along with the films.

EDIT: Added the subtitle to The Avengers (21st July).

EDIT: Added the Marvel One-Shots.

Edited by The Natural

Debuting at SDCC for the Iron Man 3 blu-ray is a new Marvel One-Shot short, starring Haley Atwell as Agent Carter, about a year after Cap went down in the ocean, searching for some anciet artifact MacGuffin.  Can't wait to see it.

Natural...does Wolvie or the new X-Men movies fall in these phases somewhere? Or are the mutant deals separate?

BTW, great idea for a thread title.

Like others have said before me, Fox has the rights to X-Men and Wolverine unlike Marvel Studios. I think a new thread might be better for them.

EDIT: Just created one for other Marvel films outside of Marvel Studios.

Edited by The Natural

Hey Natch, you forgot to add Dr. Strange, which I think is gonna be 2015 or 16, but that's also a done deal as well.

They're even to look to that to take up the baton of Iron Man coming out of Phase 2.

Hey Natch, you forgot to add Dr. Strange, which I think is gonna be 2015 or 16, but that's also a done deal as well.

They're even to look to that to take up the baton of Iron Man coming out of Phase 2.

Cheers for the Dr. Strange reminder.

San Diego Comic-Con is coming up right? Usually we get announcements from upcoming and new films from it.

It would actually be a lot of fun if they brought up the entire Guardians of the Galaxy cast like they did the Avengers. it's such a weird group.

Glen Close, Batista, Karen Gillan, Benecio Del Toro, Zoe Saldana, John C. Reilly, Michael Rooker. That Pratt guy.

What a weird frigging cast!

It would actually be a lot of fun if they brought up the entire Guardians of the Galaxy cast like they did the Avengers. it's such a weird group.

Glen Close, Batista, Karen Gillan, Benecio Del Toro, Zoe Saldana, John C. Reilly, Michael Rooker. That Pratt guy.

What a weird frigging cast!

So will anybody there boo Big Dave? Big Dave will reply with a Batista Bomb

When was Dr. Strange confirmed? I though it was still more in the rumor pile along with Captain/Ms. Marvel and Black Panther.

Ghost Rider was big in the 90's, but hasn't been particularly relevant even in comics since the middle of that decade (although there have been some really good Ghost Rider stories...)

Why is that weird?

So any thoughts about about an X-Force movie being in the works? It was rumored on Bleeding Cool today and then confirmed by Liefeld on twitter later. Fox wants to expand the X-verse with films like Marvel has done with theirs.

I guess I think it's weird because if you asked most people who Ghost Rider was, if they knew at all, they'd say Johnny Blaze. And he's the guy Hollywood chose to build the movies around. Yet he wasn't the most popular version of the character in terms of moving comics.

I have a real hard time figuring out how Yondu fits into the GOTG movie though he was one of the characters on the new promo art for Marvel's upcoming comics so there might be a clue there. I think the origin will be all of the main characters as prisoners in the Collector's collection though, and they'll escape together.

I would love an X-Force movie. That discussion probably belongs in the other thread but I really need to see how the new X-Men film turns out first. It's weird. People continuously say that they would like to see these properties go back to Marvel Studios but if you take a step back... how many great films has Marvel Studios produced? I would say Avengers and Iron Man. Some would argue that Captain America: First Avenger was great but I disagree. Thor was decent. The Iron Man sequels were actually pretty awful.  Now look at FOX. The first two X-Men movies were very good. X-Men: The Last Stand sucked but that is in part because they had to hire a hack to take the job after Singer dropped out. Sony has produced three good-very Spider-Man films and one stinker.

Personally I do not trust Marvel Studios with their own properties. I take it one film at a time.