DVDVR Message Board

You keep missing the point. This elf plan was far bigger and more catastrophic than the one the Avengers got together for - so why weren't they called in?

Perhaps they were called in, but the travel time means they got there a couple of hours after the fight was over.  THOR 2 takes place over the course of a day, afterall

Thor: Captain America I need your help! Set up these fence posts while I fight the big bad guy, then help get civilians to safety while we battle across realms.

Cap: I can't, I'm pretty jet lagged.

Thor: Aren't you a superhero?

Cap: Well no, I'm basically Ivan Drago with Republican beliefs and ideals.

Thor: Fuck

You keep missing the point. This elf plan was far bigger and more catastrophic than the one the Avengers got together for - so why weren't they called in?

Because the name of the movie was Thor:  The Dark World and not The Avengers: The Dark World.

The explanation does not have to be muddled with comic book logic about who was doing what at the time because anything can be justified with comic book stuff that is unquantifiable.. 

For a guy that likes to troll nerds, you sure are doing your best to debate this stuff as if you saw in real life on a CNN news alert and not in a movie theater.

While promoting The Best Man Holiday, which opens in theaters today, on Bravo TV last night alongside the beautiful Nia Long, actor Terrence Howard was asked once again about his departure from Marvel's Iron Man franchise. "Well, it turns out...and this is gonna get me in a lot of trouble" Howard started. "It turns out that the person that I helped become Iron Man, when it was time to re-up for the second one took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out." Without naming the highest-paid actor of 2013 (according to Forbes), it's obvious that Terrence Howard is referring to Robert Downey Jr. The actor continued, "We did a three picture deal. You did the deal ahead of time. A certain amount for the first one. For the second a certain amount. For the third…they came to me for the second one and said, 'We will pay you 1/8th of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend who I helped get the first job and he didn't call me back for three months." When asked how are things now between he and Robert Downey Jr., Terrence deadpanned, "Oh, I love him. God's gonna bless him." What do you think?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

My contribution:

Posted Image

Haw Haw!!!

Because the name of the movie was Thor:  The Dark World and not The Avengers: The Dark World.

The explanation does not have to be muddled with comic book logic about who was doing what at the time because anything can be justified with comic book stuff that is unquantifiable..

No way I want a 20 minute pace killing scene explaining where Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, War Machine, Hulk, Coulson, Skye, Ward, the annoying British twins, Melinda May, surviving members of the Howling Commandos, and Thunderbolt are, right at this moment.  It can be a really fun phone conversation scene, like a Bud Light whattssupppp commercial. 

• Like 1

While promoting The Best Man Holiday, which opens in theaters today, on Bravo TV last night alongside the beautiful Nia Long, actor Terrence Howard was asked once again about his departure from Marvel's Iron Man franchise. "Well, it turns out...and this is gonna get me in a lot of trouble" Howard started. "It turns out that the person that I helped become Iron Man, when it was time to re-up for the second one took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out." Without naming the highest-paid actor of 2013 (according to Forbes), it's obvious that Terrence Howard is referring to Robert Downey Jr. The actor continued, "We did a three picture deal. You did the deal ahead of time. A certain amount for the first one. For the second a certain amount. For the third…they came to me for the second one and said, 'We will pay you 1/8th of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend who I helped get the first job and he didn't call me back for three months." When asked how are things now between he and Robert Downey Jr., Terrence deadpanned, "Oh, I love him. God's gonna bless him." What do you think?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

My contribution:

Posted Image

Haw Haw!!!

Fuck that domestic violence loving asshat.

• Like 3

Any time you guys complain about Cena not saving a babyface, or forgotten iron clad contracts or any other giant gaping holes in WWE booking, I'll be watching. A silent protector against hypocrisy and shameful fanboyism. A Dark Knight.

Listen to yourself. You sound like Gonzalez if he was a theater major in an a capella group. 

Terrence Howard must be a Baptist. They are the only people in the world that will talk shit about someone and then tack on "bless his heart" to take the edge off.

I was more intrigued by his contention that he "helped get him [RDJR] the role." It sounds like something you'd hear a bitter mid-card wrestler say about Hulk Hogan in one of those RF Shoots.

Terrence Howard must be a Baptist. They are the only people in the world that will talk shit about someone and then tack on "bless his heart" to take the edge off.

I was more intrigued by his contention that he "helped get him [RDJR] the role." It sounds like something you'd hear a bitter mid-card wrestler say about Hulk Hogan in one of those RF Shoots.

Are we saying that Terrance Howard is the Koko B Ware of acting?

Any time you guys complain about Cena not saving a babyface, or forgotten iron clad contracts or any other giant gaping holes in WWE booking, I'll be watching. A silent protector against hypocrisy and shameful fanboyism. A Dark Knight.

In terms of genre conventions, this is more akin to complaining about how people turn around and run back when Irish whipped to the ropes. It's an atomic level Rule of the Universe without which things don't function, not a weird and deliberate choice.

If the Avengers are standing in the background and not helping, you might have a point. What you are doing is complaining that Big Show did not run in and save Lo-Ki from getting his ribs broken by Akebono in Japan. 

• Like 3

Wait for the fucking Hulk movie.

Where is my fucking Hulk movie? I thought The Incredible Hulk was great despite what people think around here. He was one of the best things in The Avengers and both post Avengers films have had a decent increase at the box office over the last films. Get on with it.

• Like 3

Cena was in the back fighting Fin Fang Foom obviously. WAIT TIL THE CENA MOVIE COMES OUT

I think Cena being busy with his own shit is perfectly valid. It is when you have all the good guys standing on the ramp watching like assholes. Or ignoring something that was a huge story point like Big Show having an iron clad contract the second it is relevant, that it grinds my gears.

And I like it when they play up that it's a big shared universe, sure. I used to love Survivor Series as a kid since you got to see a bunch of guys interact with each other instead of just being cordoned into their own little worlds, but I don't expect that all the time in wrestling, just like I don't in comics. It'd lead to a huge mess. By limiting when they do something like that, it makes it matter all the more when it actually happens.