DVDVR Message Board

Watched Thor. Enjoyed Thor. Hated people in theater who would not stop talking through the whole movie.

Sorry about that, Brian. So bloody annoying. When I watched Skyfall some people talked and had little kids running around, I also started feeling unwell during it.

Watched Thor. Enjoyed Thor. Hated people in theater who would not stop talking through the whole movie.

Same here.  And a guy who would crinkle his candy wrapper for a full 60 seconds before finally getting his sugar fix.  On the upside, nobody was checking their phone near me.  But still, where do these unwashed rubes come from?  Were these people raised in a gutter?

My list:

1. The Avengers2. Iron Man 3. Thor: The Dark World4. Captain America5. Iron Man 36. The Incredible Hulk7. Iron Man 28. Thor

(might switch 3 and 4 if I rewatched Cap)

I rewatched Thor before going to Thor 2.  (I'm assuming I can talk about the first Thor w/o spoiler tags)  Still don't care for it.  Main problem is that Thor's character arc is underdone.  I mean, when he sacrifices himself, you could think it's because he loves his friends or Jane... or maybe it's just because he thinks life isn't worth living as a mortal.  Neither the fight with Odin's robot nor Loki felt all that great.  Laufey was killed rather unceremoniously.  They didn't do enough to convince me that Thor would want to save Jotunheim at the end, given his desire to invade them at the beginning -- which again goes back to his character arc being weak.  The time between him failing to pick up the hammer and sacrificing himself should have had a big ~moment~ to show Thor's mindset changing, but I never got that.

THOR had the better villain and mini-boss fight (Destroyer FTW) but THOR 2's Asgard/relationships felt more fully formed, and thanks to the corporate synergy sound effects felt almost Star Wars-ian (the good ones)  so it's a constant battle in my mind for supremacy between the two.

Anthony Hopkins subtly acting his ass off in the finale was amazing

If you watch knowing the twist he telegraphs it wonderfully, must have spent quite some time with Hiddleston getting mannerisms down

Oh yeah, the Dark Elves' assault on Asgard was eerily STAR WARS-esque. And between that and the scene with Thor and Jane talking romantically by the waterfront evoking the similar scene with Anakin and Padme in ATTACK OF THE CLONES (except, you know, with actual heat between the actors and better dialogue), the middle part of THOR 2 felt like Marvel's answer to Star Wars.

Sorry about that, Brian. So bloody annoying. When I watched Skyfall some people talked and had little kids running around, I also started feeling unwell during it.

That was probably me, with all three of my little ones losing complete control of themselves at various times during the movie. 

Really enjoyed Thor 2.  The way they incorporate humor seamlessly into everything is pretty great.  Malekith's first assault on Asgard was so Star Wars.  I question whether to fully commit that the Asgardians are essentially space aliens is the correct choice, but at least they're committed to it.  Though it makes me wonder what they're doing running around swords and shields when they have flying ships with machine guns.

New List:

1. Iron Man

2. Avengers

3. Captain America

4. Iron Man 3

5. Thor: The Dark World

6. Thor

7. The Incredible Hulk

8. Iron Man 2

Anthony Hopkins subtly acting his ass off in the finale was amazing

If you watch knowing the twist he telegraphs it wonderfully, must have spent quite some time with Hiddleston getting mannerisms down

I didn't see it coming, but as soon as the reveal happened, I was like OH RIGHT!!!  Yeah, that was great.  Just enough that it hit my subconscious so that it all came together at the right moment.

That was probably me, with all three of my little ones losing complete control of themselves at various times during the movie. 

Fuck you (and anyone else for that matter) for bringing a bunch of tikes to a PG-13 movie. If your kids are too young to not understand that they shouldn't be blabbering during an entire film, then they're too young for that film in the first place. Isn't that why they release shit like Free Birds for?

• Like 1

Fuck you (and anyone else for that matter) for bringing a bunch of tikes to a PG-13 movie. If your kids are too young to not understand that they shouldn't be blabbering during an entire film, then they're too young for that film in the first place. Isn't that why they release shit like Free Birds for?

Antacular is a socko account for Hoarkak?

Two of mine are pretty good, and they quieted after some stern looks.  My littlest one needed to be taken out when he got a bit too rowdy.  And then he was quiet after.  But they wouldn't have missed it for the world. 

That's also why we go to the movies Sunday morning, to avoid crowds.

Yeah, a socko for 10+ years. At that point, it's called just an "account."

Two of mine are pretty good, and they quieted after some stern looks.  My littlest one needed to be taken out when he got a bit too rowdy.  And then he was quiet after.  But they wouldn't have missed it for the world. 

"They wouldn't have missed it for the world." What type of sociopath are you? Do you not understand that a PG-13 movie might not be a great idea for kids still suspect to sugar highs off of $5 sodas? You do realize there are other people in the theater, right? You know we're living in a SOCIETY?

Yeah, a socko for 10+ years. At that point, it's called just an "account."

"They wouldn't have missed it for the world." What type of sociopath are you? You do realize there are other people in the theater, right? We live in a society, people!

I'm a sociopath that likes to take my kids to the movies early on a Sunday morning as to avoid crowds.  I'm a sociopath that takes my kids out of the theater (and making myself miss the movie) if they act up.  I'm a sociopath that sits on the aisle seat so that if (and when) a little one needs to go to the bathroom, I can avoid having to walk past anyone. 

Of course, I could be a sociopath who says fuck you anonymously on a message board because of some feigned outrage that someone could have taken their kids to see Thor: The Dark World. 

WTF.

• Like 1