Iron Man (2008), 93%

The Incredible Hulk (2008), 67%

Iron Man 2 (2010), 73%

Thor (2011), 77%

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), 79%

The Avengers/Avengers Assemble (2012), 92%

Iron Man 3 (2013), 79%

Thor: The Dark World (2013), 70%

I never really look at that site, or reviews in general. I go and watch a film because i want to or it looks good (or i'm bored) but i took a look at some of the bad reviews Thor: The Dark World got and i'm not convinced we watched the same film. What are these people expecting when they go to watch a film about an alien god with a magical hammer fighting space elves based on a comic book?

Fuck it, list time!

Avengers Assemble

Iron Man

Thor: The Dark World

Thor

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

Captain America

Iron Man 3

I don't know about them holding up on repeat viewing or not, I've not re-watched any of them for a long time. I'm guessing Avengers would do just fine, its such a fun movie and that's why its at the top. Iron Man might be a better film though, i'm not sure, and is the best origin film of the lot. I don't own Captain America or Iron Man 3 so I've only seen them the once, maybe my opinion would change on a 2nd viewing but i'm in no rush. I'll probably give Cap another crack before the sequel next year.

Like you, I make my own mind up. I just use the site to see the percentage a film's on.

My ratings:

1. Avengers Assemble

2. Iron Man

3. Captain America: The First Avenger

4. Thor

5. Iron Man 3

6. Iron Man 2

7. The Incredible Hulk

Hardest call was deciding between Avengers Assemble and Iron Man, two of the best comic book films of all time. I watched Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and Iron Man 3 over a couple of days not long ago. Coming out of Iron Man 3, I had it above those two but that's because I hadn't watched Cap and Thor for a while. As can be seen, that changed. Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk are the only two I don't own on DVD.

Further cementing my man crush on Tom Hiddleston:

Beat you to it mate.

• Like 1

Like you, I make my own mind up. I just use the site to see the percentage a film's on.

Hardest call was deciding between Avengers Assemble and Iron Man, two of the best comic book films of all time. I watched Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and Iron Man 3 over a couple of days not long ago. Coming out of Iron Man 3, I had it above those two but that's because I hadn't watched Cap and Thor for a while. As can be seen, that changed. Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk are the only two I don't own on DVD.

I think its interesting that there are only 2 films there that stand out ratings wise, Avengers and Iron Man, and they are the only 2 films everyone puts at the top. The rest are hanging about in the 70-80 range and are all pretty interchangeable. Nothing making them stand out other than personal preferences.

I think the thing with placing Avengers/Iron Man with me is Iron Man is probably the better film, but Avengers is such a fun watch i'd choose it over Iron Man nearly every time. I have a similar thing to a lesser extent with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight is clearly the better film but i enjoy watching Batman Begins more. Not on the level of Avengers but I'll stick on The Dark Knight because i want to watch it. I'll Watch Begins if its on TV and i'm flipping through the channels. Does that make sense?

I have great hopes for this. Not only does Netflix work with good people, they seem pretty creator friendly. They'll probably keep the content PG-13 to fit Marvel's profile (Sorry people hoping for Luke Cage-Jessica Jones buttsex) but Netflix will allow them to go edgier and between that, their lack of meddling, and a 13 episodes commitment, I am very optimistic these shows will turn out better than the dumbed down overcooked mess that is SHIELD.

The one part I'm leery about is the fact that ABC Television Studios is co-producing it. Hopefully they'll realize that they don't need too many cooks in Hell's Kitchen.I also wonder about actor continuity. How much time is going to elapse between the end of filming on the Daredevil series and the beginning of filming on the Defenders mini-series? Hopefully they can get that figured out.Mostly, I'm really stoked about this. I was always more into the other ideas for TV shows that folks here batted around: Heroes for Hire and Daredevil both seemed more interesting than a SHIELD show. It appears they're not exactly using Heroes for Hire (though maybe after the Defenders miniseries they might combine Cage and Fist rather than keeping separate series?), and I imagine they're not setting it in the 70s (which I thought would be fun) but the setting and characters seem like they should be pretty easy to get right.

My ratings:

1. Avengers Assemble

2. Iron Man

4. Thor

5. Iron Man 3

6. Iron Man 2

7. The Incredible Hulk

this is also the order i'd rank them. haven't seen Thor 2 yet. probably this weekend.

a Luke Cage series? i will be checking this out. the rest don't do anything for me, but sound cool enough. hope they work out.

I think its interesting that there are only 2 films there that stand out ratings wise, Avengers and Iron Man, and they are the only 2 films everyone puts at the top. The rest are hanging about in the 70-80 range and are all pretty interchangeable. Nothing making them stand out other than personal preferences.

I think the thing with placing Avengers/Iron Man with me is Iron Man is probably the better film, but Avengers is such a fun watch i'd choose it over Iron Man nearly every time. I have a similar thing to a lesser extent with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight is clearly the better film but i enjoy watching Batman Begins more. Not on the level of Avengers but I'll stick on The Dark Knight because i want to watch it. I'll Watch Begins if its on TV and i'm flipping through the channels. Does that make sense?

That's a fair assement of the Marvel Studios films. I've watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight the same number of times.

My ratings:

1. Avengers Assemble

2. Iron Man

4. Thor

5. Iron Man 3

6. Iron Man 2

7. The Incredible Hulk

this is also the order i'd rank them. haven't seen Thor 2 yet. probably this weekend.

a Luke Cage series? i will be checking this out. the rest don't do anything for me, but sound cool enough. hope they work out.

Great minds think alike ; ). One of my best friends hasn't seen Iron Man 3 yet but if that's taken out, we have the same order.

It appears they're not exactly using Heroes for Hire (though maybe after the Defenders miniseries they might combine Cage and Fist rather than keeping separate series?), and I imagine they're not setting it in the 70s (which I thought would be fun) but the setting and characters seem like they should be pretty easy to get right.

I just read the Marvel Press Release and have to say I am a bit disappointed on that one. When they said "four series" I assumed they meant DD, Jessica Jones, and then Heroes for Hire as the three solo series and then the fourth being the Defenders team up show. I love Cage and Fist but as a team. I have a hard time imagining spending 13 hours with either one solo. 

Is Wesley Snipes out of jail yet? Let the dream casting begin!

It appears they're not exactly using Heroes for Hire (though maybe after the Defenders miniseries they might combine Cage and Fist rather than keeping separate series?), and I imagine they're not setting it in the 70s (which I thought would be fun) but the setting and characters seem like they should be pretty easy to get right.

I just read the Marvel Press Release and have to say I am a bit disappointed on that one. When they said "four series" I assumed they meant DD, Jessica Jones, and then Heroes for Hire as the three solo series and then the fourth being the Defenders team up show. I love Cage and Fist but as a team. I have a hard time imagining spending 13 hours with either one solo. 

Is Wesley Snipes out of jail yet? Let the dream casting begin!

I don't know how a 13 episode series would fit into his schedule, but The Rock has expressed interest in playing Luke Cage.  He'd be my first choice, Wesly Snipes could probably play his dad.  Carla Gugino could play Jessica Jones.  Daredevil could be damn near anyone, but I'd like to see Matt Lauria from Friday Night Lights.  Iron Fist is hard because there aren't that many credible actor/martial artists running around.

I love Cage and Fist but as a team. I have a hard time imagining spending 13 hours with either one solo.

I think it could work. Especially since this is a Netflix series. If this was a broadcast show, there would be pressure to have them get their superpowers before the end of the first episode for fear of people tuning out. Arrow does this via flashbacks, since they surely felt they needed to have him using his bow from episode 1. But I think with Netflix they can take their time to really flesh out their pre-super backstory in mostly chronological order. So you show Danny with his family and going to K'un L'un and training and all. He'd have tons of stuff he could deal with over there, so he doesn't necessarily even have to get back to New York until the 13th episode. For Luke you can spend plenty of time with his troubled youth, fleshing out not only his character but the character of Hell's Kitchen (assuming they're going to move him there from Harlem). And he could start Hero for Hire on his own, as he goes from criminal to mercenary to actual hero. Obviously in both cases, Luke and Danny would each have a bunch of regulars to interact with as well as bad guys to fight. I dunno, it works for me.

Is the netflix deal why we havent seen any capes on shield so far?

Probably not, the Netflix shows are going to be produced by ABC Studios, just directed and distributed through Netflix.  The reason we haven't seen any capes on Shield so far is probably because they don't believe they need them.  They were correctly arrogant enough to believe that people would watch the show without any super heroes.  Whether or not this show can be successful long term without capes, remains to be seen.  To their credit, they pretty much said up front that there would not be any super heroes on the show.

The reason they didn't want to use known superheroes is because of potential film franchises. Wouldn't surprise me now if they are more open in future with some since we know they won't be going to film.

Isiah has been pushing to be Luke Cage for at least a good two or three years now. I wouldn't mind seeing him do it.

I'm happy we are getting these netflix series. I'm curious how much they will pull from The Immortal Iron Fist for his series.

2 small complaints:

After the credits when the Bifrost ray opened and Jane rushed up to the roof, I was really hoping Rocket Racoon would be standing there.

When Thor and Malekith's fight was taking them to all the 9 realms, I would have used it to hide some easter eggs like maybe have them pop up fighting next to Beta Ray Bill (which would be his ONLY chance of ever appearing on film. Sorry, Ellsworth.) or the Skrull homeworld for just a minute. They did go to Jotemheim, but they didn't even show any frost giants, just that creature thing. Bummer.

There was some irratating laughter in my theater that made me miss some lines like all of

Chris Evans' cameo.

Tom Hiddleston was perfect, as he always is in this role.

• Like 1