DVDVR Message Board

I consider warmongering a Republican trait. And, again, I'm not saying Cap was a Republican creation, just that he is the ideal mascot for the current Republican party.

Except he's not, as Cap has been a character based on representing all Americans and what's good about a country with people from all backgrounds who fights against stereotypical right wing shit for over 40 years.And Americans weren't warmongering during WW2. It took Pearl Harbor to get people behind entering the war and pull England out of the fire again.
AGAIN I'm not saying Cap was a Republican creation, but he is a Republican dream. And you didn't join the war for any reason other than to stop the Soviets.

Bryan,  it's obvious you haven't a clue what Captain America (or pre-2011 Superman) are all about, so it's not to shocking that your grasp of history is a bit tenuous as well.  You've been occasionally funny, but now you're just repeating the same talking points over and over without any kind of substantive reasoning to back it up.  You've become a sad shadow of yourself, falling to Gonzalez's level. 

It's not too late to turn it around before you become the new Hordak.

I consider warmongering a Republican trait.

If you look at what has been done, continued, and ESCALATED since 2008, you really shouldn't.Awwww fuck, I just made this topic worse. Sorry everyone.

Why apologize?  It's factual that not only has the current administration continued war-on-terror practices such as drone strikes, but has significantly EXPANDED them, and actually tried to argue that it was perfectly acceptable to use such drone strikes on AMERICAN soil (before Rand Paul's filibuster earlier in the year shamed them into retracting that argument).  Oh, and remember how Gitmo was supposed to close?  Yeah?  Yeah.

Marvel has done good job, though, of making Cap fairly apolitical in his film adaptions.

If you look at what has been done, continued, and ESCALATED since 2008, you really shouldn't.Awwww fuck, I just made this topic worse. Sorry everyone.

Why apologize?  It's factual that not only has the current administration continued war-on-terror practices such as drone strikes, but has significantly EXPANDED them, and actually tried to argue that it was perfectly acceptable to use such drone strikes on AMERICAN soil (before Rand Paul's filibuster earlier in the year shamed them into retracting that argument).  Oh, and remember how Gitmo was supposed to close?  Yeah?  Yeah.

Marvel has done good job, though, of making Cap fairly apolitical in his film adaptions.

To be fair, there was a shitload of NIMBYism regarding where to put the Gitmo prisoners. That's one of the reasons it's still there.

Why apologize? It's factual that not only has the current administration continued war-on-terror practices such as drone strikes, but has significantly EXPANDED them, and actually tried to argue that it was perfectly acceptable to use such drone strikes on AMERICAN soil (before Rand Paul's filibuster earlier in the year shamed them into retracting that argument). Oh, and remember how Gitmo was supposed to close? Yeah? Yeah.Marvel has done good job, though, of making Cap fairly apolitical in his film adaptions.
I wasn't apologizing for my point, I was apologizing for taking the topic further off the rails. But I guess at this point, there's no saving it until we all see Thor 2 and start talking about that.

Did last week's promo say "Next Week"?

I want to say it did, but I honestly don't pay much attention to the show

I'm almost sure that last week they said "In two weeks...".  When I saw that last night's was the pilot again, I said "Oh, right...".

BTW, there definitely were a bunch of civilians in the last scene who were looking straight at Coulson during the final showdown with Centipede guy.  So I'm assuming that everybody in SHIELD (at least) knows that Coulson is back.  Not that it seems like they're playing up the "level 7 secret" anymore...

"It's a secret Marvel project. I'm not allowed to say any more, you're going to have to wait and see," said Sir Ben Kingsley when asked about working with Marvel Studios again. This statement comes from the veteran actor's recent promotional tour for Ender's Game. Kingsley refused to say whether that project is a return for his character from Iron Man 3 but that seems the likeliest option at this juncture.On working with Marvel as a whole, Kingsley has nothing but praise for the film studio. "I think they have enormous taste as creative artists. There's nothing lazy or gratuitous about their work. They are at the top of their game, and they're great company to keep."Kevin Feige was also asked about Ben's secret project but decline to comment. What do you think it could be?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Thinking it might be a Marvel One-Shot.

http://latino-review.com/2013/10/exclusive-ben-kingsleys-secret-marvel-project-revealed 

Could likely be BS, but Latino Review speculates that Trevor Slattery's

feeling the wrath of the real Mandarin, who's pissed at him and Killian for the events of Iron Man 3.

If the spoiler is true, I wouldn't think it would be in a short (although that's what LR says).  I'd think it'd be an early scene in one of the movies.  Why set up that scenario without any follow-through?  I guess maybe for fan service... Anyway, is there any chance they do an Iron Man 4 around James Rhodes?  Might be a tough sell.

BTW, here's the Sepinwall column EVA mentioned.

Mostly I think it hits the nail on the head.  I didn't have a problem with the Fury cameo nor do I feel that the show looks too low-budget (usually), but other than those small points, I agree with everything he said.

The show doesn't really look small budget, it looks like they wasted their budget on location shooting and had little left for effects.

Although at this point I wouldn't be surprised if all the location shooting IS an effect.  Bones does it pretty well.

I wouldn't mind it at all if they were all being puppeteered by the real Mandarin, who turns out to be Raza from IM1. What happened to that dude, anyway? 

(I was actually waiting for him to be the big twist on the twist in IM3)

The implication was that Stane's men shot him to hell.  Though his death was off-screen.  He got paralyzed by Stane's device and then Stane's troops went into his tent and started shooting.

I gotta go back and watch, but he was sporting rings, right?  If he was, well, then he could've easily survived and has just been biding his time.

Or he could've really been the push for Killian to create the "Mandarin"

I wouldn't mind it at all if they were all being puppeteered by the real Mandarin, who turns out to be Raza from IM1. What happened to that dude, anyway? 

(I was actually waiting for him to be the big twist on the twist in IM3)

The implication was that Stane's men shot him to hell.  Though his death was off-screen.  He got paralyzed by Stane's device and then Stane's troops went into his tent and started shooting.

;(

I read the article and it changes nothing, really. Cap is still a Republican wet dream. You could totally see him dancing for his masters in Iraq in the early 90s and 00s. He may not have been written that way, but that was never my point. It was an off the cuff comment that you made into a big deal.

The key point, the unarguable point, is that he is a goof.