DVDVR Message Board

The whole push of Cyborg from mid-carder to main eventer strikes me as odd, other than from a quota POV and or Johns' nostalgia for the Wolfman/Perez titans.

He seems much more important, though, in nu52, to the point of being JL leader in Futures End.

We should keep in mind that the only character outside of Batman/Superman that DC has even tried in recent years is Green Lantern and yeah that was pretty awful but it doesn't tell me anything about this DC extended universe they are creating.

I'm still trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about it. Because Marvel tried it first and has been successful? So what. Man of Steel is the only film we've seen. Yeah - some people didn't like it but others loved it. I don't understand the "OMG THEY ARE RUSHING THIS" point. Rushing how? Nobody wants to see another Batman origin film. Hell, people in the DC thread are already pissed that Gotham went ahead and did the Bruce parents walk down a dark alley deal. Batman/Superman is going to have appearances from Wonder Woman and some others but they are getting their own movies as well and we have no idea how much screen time any of the characters are even going to have..

So much complaining about something that hasn't even happened yet. Like I said, Sony is the biggest loser here. I think they should scrap the whole thing, honestly.

It's amazing how well FOX is doing. For a franchise that many thought was completely dead.. between First Class, The Wolverine and Days of Future Past it's going very well.

Infinity War being split into 2 parts make me more optimistic they'll bring in every for the climatic fight. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Agent Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Falcon, Winter Solider, Iron Patriot, the Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly even the Inhumans and Captain Marvel (more likely in part 2). That last fight could be the largest action sequence in film history if they go that route. No joke.

whatever that new LotR movie is called has a 45 minute battle at the end of the movie, with like, what, 40 different races/species or some shit according to Jackson? I could care less about LotR but I don't know about largest action sequence. Maybe with actual actors, because I'm assuming the LotR action sequence would be mostly CGI action/characters.

AND FUCK YEAH CIVIL WAR. Fuck the haters. I know next to nothing about Black Panther, the Inhumans or Captain Marvel, though. I already hate the name Captain Marvel being for a woman (not being sexist here - the title just makes you think of a man).

http://instagram.com/p/utbCUGmoAD/

Here's a few seconds of the actual teaser of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Infinity War being split into 2 parts make me more optimistic they'll bring in every for the climatic fight. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Agent Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Falcon, Winter Solider, Iron Patriot, the Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly even the Inhumans and Captain Marvel (more likely in part 2). That last fight could be the largest action sequence in film history if they go that route. No joke.

whatever that new LotR movie is called has a 45 minute battle at the end of the movie, with like, what, 40 different races/species or some shit according to Jackson? I could care less about LotR but I don't know about largest action sequence. Maybe with actual actors, because I'm assuming the LotR action sequence would be mostly CGI action/characters.

AND FUCK YEAH CIVIL WAR. Fuck the haters. I know next to nothing about Black Panther, the Inhumans or Captain Marvel, though. I already hate the name Captain Marvel being for a woman (not being sexist here - the title just makes you think of a man).

http://instagram.com/p/utbCUGmoAD/

Here's a few seconds of the actual teaser of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Easy solution: movie 1 is for talking, movie 2 is two and a half hours of punching and exploding.

• Like 1

IIRC, DC bought the Dakotaverse outright in 07 or so; the point at which McDuffie did the Milestone revival mini (which DC edited to remove all his commentary about the abusive publisher/author relationship) and brought the Shadow Cabinet into JLA.

According to one of the Milestone founders its just a licensing deal. DC has never outright owned Milestone which is one of the reasons they are wary of pushing it.

Who does the version of "I've Got No Strings" from the trailer? I want it.

Lana Del Ray did the Sleeping Beauty song for Maleficent.  Maybe something similar.  I've been curious about this as well, but I can't find it any information.  Is it possible the trailer editors possibly just took the actual song from Disney's Pinocchio and slowed down the lyrics and remixed it to be all creepy and stuff?

So long as everyone's throwing ideas around...

Gillian Jacobs as Captain Marvel directed by the Russos.

No.

So long as everyone's throwing ideas around...

Gillian Jacobs as Captain Marvel directed by the Russos.

I LOVE Jacobs but there's no way Marvel doesn't try to get Jennifer Lawrence, right?

I love J-Law, she's amazing in most everything, even as a nearly 32 year old man I love The Hunger Games movies, and she was perfect in Silver Linings Playbook, but no.

So happy they announced Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Never seen Boseman in anything so I have no opinion on him one way or the other. Really hoping Katee Sackhoff ends up as Carol.

ALL THE BUYS!

I've been on the Katee Sackhoff IS Carol Danvers train since before they even built the station. Starbuck was born to play that role. I would kill people to see her get that spot.

(Kidding)

(Not really)

The whole push of Cyborg from mid-carder to main eventer strikes me as odd, other than from a quota POV and or Johns' nostalgia for the Wolfman/Perez titans.

Although, not sure what black DC hero would fit the slot: steel? A milestone character?

Stewart?

Black Lightning!

Katee Sackhoff sounds perfect as Carol Danvers. I would also be cool with Alice Eve.