DVDVR Message Board

I had to laugh at the updated list and it has Green Lantern and Cyborg way out in 2020 AFTER two Justice League movies. I mean I could see it happening but I feel like there's a good chance the bubble bursts before 2020.

Sony is the big loser in all of this. At least with FOX the X-Men franchise is doing very well and I'm pretty sure a Deadpool movie will do well on a modest budget.

Sony has nothing going on and I'm one of the people who actually like the "Amazing" movies. No chance that Sinister Six movie is ever made.

People who are "worried" about DC are just trolls. Batman and Superman will put asses in comfy IMAX seats.

The whole push of Cyborg from mid-carder to main eventer strikes me as odd, other than from a quota POV and or Johns' nostalgia for the Wolfman/Perez titans.

Although, not sure what black DC hero would fit the slot: steel? A milestone character?

Nine months before the first movie comes out, Marvel pretty much admit that they have no expectations whatsoever for Ant-Man by establishing there's no room for a sequel before 2020.  Not surprised, but sad as the whole thing has been a clusterfuck ever since before Avengers came out and without Wright on board it's lost what little buzz it had. It's kind of terrifying that Marvel may actually make a movie with my favorite Marvel character that I don't actually want to see.

The whole push of Cyborg from mid-carder to main eventer strikes me as odd, other than from a quota POV and or Johns' nostalgia for the Wolfman/Perez titans.

Although, not sure what black DC hero would fit the slot: steel? A milestone character?

Stewart?

Batman, Superman, and Justice League will do big business of course, but I think some of those other DC movies could be headed for disaster.

Yeah, exactly. Nobody is seriously suggesting Batman/Superman won't do big bank. It's the rest of the DCU we're all wary about. They have yet to do a single halfway decent movie for any character outside of Batman and Superman - and even those movies are met with pretty divergent opinions as to their quality. A mediocre Batman movie will still be fairly successful, a mediocre Suicide Squad or Shazam will bomb hard.

Batman, Superman, and Justice League will do big business of course, but I think some of those other DC movies could be headed for disaster.

Yeah, exactly. Nobody is seriously suggesting Batman/Superman won't do big bank. It's the rest of the DCU we're all wary about. They have yet to do a single halfway decent movie for any character outside of Batman and Superman - and even those movies are met with pretty divergent opinions as to their quality. A mediocre Batman movie will still be fairly successful, a mediocre Suicide Squad or Shazam will bomb hard.

I think that's why they're going after guys like Ayer and Wan to direct.  There is also the Kathryn Bigelow/Catherine Hardwicke shortlist rumor for directing the Wonder Woman movie. I am a little bit more optimistic than I was five months ago (not sure about Hardwicke tho) because I thought guys like Noam Murro were a shoo-in for a directorial spot down the line after 300: Rise of Eva Green's Tits.

He seems much more important, though, in nu52, to the point of being JL leader in Futures End.

We should keep in mind that the only character outside of Batman/Superman that DC has even tried in recent years is Green Lantern and yeah that was pretty awful but it doesn't tell me anything about this DC extended universe they are creating.

I'm still trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about it. Because Marvel tried it first and has been successful? So what. Man of Steel is the only film we've seen. Yeah - some people didn't like it but others loved it. I don't understand the "OMG THEY ARE RUSHING THIS" point. Rushing how? Nobody wants to see another Batman origin film. Hell, people in the DC thread are already pissed that Gotham went ahead and did the Bruce parents walk down a dark alley deal. Batman/Superman is going to have appearances from Wonder Woman and some others but they are getting their own movies as well and we have no idea how much screen time any of the characters are even going to have..

So much complaining about something that hasn't even happened yet. Like I said, Sony is the biggest loser here. I think they should scrap the whole thing, honestly.

It's amazing how well FOX is doing. For a franchise that many thought was completely dead.. between First Class, The Wolverine and Days of Future Past it's going very well.

Infinity War being split into 2 parts make me more optimistic they'll bring in every for the climatic fight. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Agent Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Falcon, Winter Solider, Iron Patriot, the Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly even the Inhumans and Captain Marvel (more likely in part 2). That last fight could be the largest action sequence in film history if they go that route. No joke.

whatever that new LotR movie is called has a 45 minute battle at the end of the movie, with like, what, 40 different races/species or some shit according to Jackson? I could care less about LotR but I don't know about largest action sequence. Maybe with actual actors, because I'm assuming the LotR action sequence would be mostly CGI action/characters.

AND FUCK YEAH CIVIL WAR. Fuck the haters. I know next to nothing about Black Panther, the Inhumans or Captain Marvel, though. I already hate the name Captain Marvel being for a woman (not being sexist here - the title just makes you think of a man).

http://instagram.com/p/utbCUGmoAD/

Here's a few seconds of the actual teaser of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Infinity War being split into 2 parts make me more optimistic they'll bring in every for the climatic fight. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Agent Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Falcon, Winter Solider, Iron Patriot, the Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly even the Inhumans and Captain Marvel (more likely in part 2). That last fight could be the largest action sequence in film history if they go that route. No joke.

whatever that new LotR movie is called has a 45 minute battle at the end of the movie, with like, what, 40 different races/species or some shit according to Jackson? I could care less about LotR but I don't know about largest action sequence. Maybe with actual actors, because I'm assuming the LotR action sequence would be mostly CGI action/characters.

AND FUCK YEAH CIVIL WAR. Fuck the haters. I know next to nothing about Black Panther, the Inhumans or Captain Marvel, though. I already hate the name Captain Marvel being for a woman (not being sexist here - the title just makes you think of a man).

http://instagram.com/p/utbCUGmoAD/

Here's a few seconds of the actual teaser of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Easy solution: movie 1 is for talking, movie 2 is two and a half hours of punching and exploding.

• Like 1