DVDVR Message Board

When I first thought about Strange, I just hoped it wouldn't be Keanu.  I've never seen him in any role that he didn't come off like a dullard.  Something about his voice, I think.

I was hoping for a Phoenix, Depp, or Day-Lewis, but always figured Cumberbatch was the most likely choice.  I can totally see scraylo's point, but who knows?  Maybe he'll bring a different touch to it.  In any case, surely he won't be any worse than "good", and maybe better.

I do hope that the bring out something in him we've not seen before.  He seems to be coating in a lot of his movies, which seems weird.  I've never really been a Dr. Strange fan, but enjoyed Dr. Mordred, which was originally a Dr. Strange script, so I'll pencil it in. :)

Perfect casting, but it also feels like really safe, dull casting. He'll be great but I feel like I can already picture everything he does.

Totally agree. He'll be great, but I'd be 1000% more interest in what Phoenix's crazy ass would do with the role.

Also, Cumberbatch is a zillion times better actor than Keanu...but I think I'd rather see Keanu Strange.

Bendict Cumberbatch is not the person you could be concerned about on this project.   It is the director, Scott Derrickson.

When I first thought about Strange, I just hoped it wouldn't be Keanu.  I've never seen him in any role that he didn't come off like a dullard.  Something about his voice, I think.

I was hoping for a Phoenix, Depp, or Day-Lewis, but always figured Cumberbatch was the most likely choice.  I can totally see scraylo's point, but who knows?  Maybe he'll bring a different touch to it.  In any case, surely he won't be any worse than "good", and maybe better.

Perfect casting, but it also feels like really safe, dull casting. He'll be great but I feel like I can already picture everything he does.

Totally agree. He'll be great, but I'd be 1000% more interest in what Phoenix's crazy ass would do with the role.

Also, Cumberbatch is a zillion times better actor than Keanu...but I think I'd rather see Keanu Strange.

Bendict Cumberbatch is not the person you could be concerned about on this project.   It is the director, Scott Derrickson.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I was rooting for Pedro Pascal to pick up the role. 

Derrickson isn't the best in the world, but his visuals are ok...Emily Rose LOOKED pretty cool, even if it wasn't always very scary. Maybe 'action horror' is going to be this guy's calling?

I think I've mentioned it before, but I was rooting for Pedro Pascal to pick up the role. 

Derrickson isn't the best in the world, but his visuals are ok...Emily Rose LOOKED pretty cool, even if it wasn't always very scary. Maybe 'action horror' is going to be this guy's calling?

Sinister was also very creepy and atmospheric even though it wasn't very scary.   I suppose the producers hope he will weave his tension into Dormammu or some other magical horror.

Honestly, my first though was "What, is James Wan busy?" when they hired Derrickson.

Then I remember that, yes, he actually is busy.

Wan and Whannell only good when they don't have producers and studios bugging them and forcing them to make deliberate content.

When they were allowed to come up with the concept of Saw on their own, it fucking ruled. 

When they were jobbed out to make Saw movies on purpose, they sucked.

I know a James Wan directed Dr. Strange movie would blow goats because someone would be telling him to make one.

• Like 1

Marvel announced the following schedule this morning.

• Captain America: Serpent Society - May 6, 2016.
  • Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
  • Thor: Ragnarok – July 28, 2017
  • Black Panther – November 3, 2017
  • Captain Marvel – July 6, 2018
  • Inhumans – November 2, 2018
  • Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018
  • Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 – May 3, 2019
  • Like 2

My point was they hired the guy that made Sinister and Emily Rose. Just a bit of snark.

Excellent concepts that fell flat on delivery which is what studios should fear when picking up this guy up to direct Dr. Strange.

Damon Martin @DamonMartin 14s

Chadwick Boseman will play Black Panther #MarvelEvent

B1DdD8tCUAE4b2k.jpg

This is awesome and all but THE FUCKING INHUMANS, YO, AND CAPTAIN MARVEL AND MOTHER FUCKING SERPENT SOCIETY~!

INFINITY WAR~! THANOS VS EVERYBODY PART ONE AND TWO, HOLY FUCK~!

DC should just keep their eggs in the We Control Television basket.  Marvel runs this movie shit.

• Like 2