DVDVR Message Board

Supposedly Marvel is in final talks with Joaquin Phoenix to play Dr. Strange

awww. My pipedream casting was Pedro Pascal.

Phoenix seems like an odd choice when they've been burned by guys that don't play well with ensembles in the past, like Terrance Howard and Ed Norton.

For the Daredevil fans, Eldon Henson as Foggy and Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page:

deborah-ann-woll-daredevil-movie-set-in-

Man, if this board was one of those forums that liked to run gimmick posts, I could see a game of "Caption This Pic" with that Foggy/Karen photo going horribly off the rails in record time.

• Like 1

Supposedly Marvel is in final talks with Joaquin Phoenix to play Dr. Strange

awww. My pipedream casting was Pedro Pascal.

Phoenix seems like an odd choice when they've been burned by guys that don't play well with ensembles in the past, like Terrance Howard and Ed Norton.

Wasn't Cumberbatch rumored as well? Unless he told them no, a distinct possibility, why the hell would you go with Phoenix over him?>

Rumor regarding Phase 3 (spoilered in case it's true cuz it would give away the end of Avengers 2)

At the end of Avengers 2, Cap puts together an all new team. This would be used to introduce Ant Man, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel among possibly others. They're trying to figure out another way to introduce Captain Marvel though because they want to get another female superhero out there

Cap represents the spirit of America, not its laws or government. 

Okay.  But he made a claim about the primary principle the nation was founded on, and I'm not seeing any support for that claim.

It's not explicitly written in the constitution, but the US was basically founded because they wanted independence from British rule. In declaring that independence, they broke pretty much every established law of the land all at once and literally took their lives in their hands.

Lines up pretty well with what he said.

Finally sat through Thor: The Dark World

I really hate this movie... so many reasons

James

It had such an insultingly lazy script. The MCU movies usually aren't known for their strong villains, except for Loki, but this movie had one of the most nondescript ones ever. It was a total waste of Eccleston. Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 are the only MCU movies I actively dislike.

The first half of Thor 2 was awful but the second half picked up and got better. I've had no desire to go back and watch it again though and this is coming from someone who's seen Iron Man 2 more times than I can count.

Oddly enough after watching it I felt that, even with all the rewrites and additional screen time, there wasn't enough Loki in the film.

It's definitely known they went back and filmed more with Loki, although I'm not sure what exactly got cut to make room for him.

I wouldn't mind seeing them release the version of the film they had rough cut before the pick-ups, but Marvel has thus far done zero director/extended/etc cuts of any films.

I didn't hate Thor 2 but I don't think any amount of added scenes or extended cuts could make it good. As was already mentioned, the script was clearly uninspired and pumped out just for the sake of making a new Thor movie. I'm curious to go back and read my original thoughts on here after seeing it in theaters but it was so lackluster I don't know if I can motivate myself to use the search function that extensively.

Other than the fact that Captain America 2 had zero surprises for me as someone who read a ton of Captain America it fucking ruled.  First movie was like a shitty Rocketeer.  Second movie was like an amazing Rocketeer.