DVDVR Message Board

Rob Zombie's was in this shit? I didn't know that and I saw the movie!

one thing the movie didn't feature that I expected it to:

I figured there would be a mention of Richard Rider. Like Glenn Close saying, "Boy, this would be a lot easier if Rider were here!" or something. Like the Dr. Strange mention in Cap 2.

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it. I'm not going to go all out and say that it was mind-blowing or anything, but I did like it. 

Maybe I don't have that much of an attachment to the Cosmic parts of the Marvel Universe, though. 

I liked it better than Thor 2 and not as much as Cap 2. 

• Like 1

I thought this was incredible. I can't decide if I liked this or Cap 2 better, but whichever one of those i like better is my favorite. I thought Chris Pratt was fantastic, and everyone around him looked like they were having a ball. Props to Big Dave. I thought at the very best he'd be "passable," but he may have had his "big break" with this one. I kept waiting for someone to give him the "Knee plus" during one of the fight scenes, but I'm not that lucky. I'd watch "the Adventures of Rocket and Groot" for as long as they wanted to air it...

• Like 2

A lot of people have been saying "x" stole the movie.

(Including myself, about Michael Rooker)

But the more I think about it, I think everybody was too damn good for anyone to steal it.

Also, the reaction in the theater to

Groot skewering the line of bad guys, and just slamming them back and forth over and over and over

might have been the longest, most sustained laughter I've ever experienced as part of an audience, and the best pure reaction to anything since "Puny God"

• Like 1

Rob Zombie's was in this shit? I didn't know that and I saw the movie!

one thing the movie didn't feature that I expected it to:

I figured there would be a mention of Richard Rider. Like Glenn Close saying, "Boy, this would be a lot easier if Rider were here!" or something. Like the Dr. Strange mention in Cap 2.

Well...

That'd be kinda hard since the guy who gave him his powers is alive, heh.

Saw GotG earlier today.  A lot of fun.  One of the few comic book movies I'll probably end up rewatching at some point.  Think I'll definitely be renting it when it hits DVD & blu-ray

Pratt & Bautista were surprisingly effective in their roles.  If Big Dave needs another paycheck from the WWE, he should come back as Drax.  He didn't show much with his last wrestling stint.

Finished the film about an hour ago. I hated Ronan's portrayal both from a bias comic fan view and from a weak head villain point of view as well. Really didn't like what was done with the Sakaarans or Nova Corps. The former were completely a non-entity, were nothing like their comic selves, and could have easily been switched out with something like the Chitauri or something brand new. The Nova Corps were way too grounded for my liking. Biased complaints aside I thought it was good. Pratt, Rooker, Batista, & Cooper all delivered and then some. The action was nice. The plot was decent enough. And I loved the cameo in the post credits scene. I didn't love film, but I enjoyed it a good deal and look forward to the next one. I do hope Marvel considers other cosmic stories. I really would like to see someone redeem the Nova Corps and bring Rider to the big screen.

• Like 1

Movie Buzzers

@MovieBuzzers

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy (feat. @DaveBautista) made more $ in ONE day than all Hulk Hogan movies from 1989-98 combined #WWE #WhatchaGonnaDo

10:47am - 2 Aug 14

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm with ya on that.  My poor wife had to hear me talk about this since seeing it Thursday.  She just mentioned that she loved the movie, but...and I got the hint to cool it from there.  I badly want to see this again.

I am in amazement at hearing how kids end up singing the songs from the movie.  I swear, if these kids know these songs and grow up to know what good music is partly because of this, then that makes this even more worthwhile.

I frigging loved it.  My wife enjoyed it too, but she had issues with some of the story writing, but she really knows or cares less for marvel lore.

It's either on a par with or just slightly below The Avengers to me. 

If Chris Pratt doesn't become a huge star as a result of this, I don't know what to tell you.  The guy was amazing.

While there was a ton of CGI in the movie, I didn't feel like it slapped me in the face, like the 1st 2 Spiderman movies.