DVDVR Message Board

I guess the joke is that it bombed? But..I mean.. go check out Bay's stats as director and see how many bombs there are. *Shrug*

I've never seen The Island. A director has to make something as awesome as The Rock or Bad Boys before I can start calling him/her "great" or worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Bay.

The Island was made by Michael Bay and its about cloning people.

I think I just ruined it.

I had no clue it was about cloning people, so hey, that helps.  Probably would have been funny if I'd gotten it.

And, yeah, dude is insanely successful.  Especially since Waiter is the only person I've ever heard say they like his movies in my entire life.

The number of people that will go see Ant Man due to it being a Marvel character by far trumps people that would go because it was directed by the guy that made Scott Pilgrim. In fact, most people that see Ant Man will have no idea what Scott Pilgrim and/or Edgar Wright are.

I'm not saying Ant Man will do a billion dollars, but the drawing card is the Marvel name, not Ant Man or some hipster director. Edgar Wright ain't Scorcese.

• Like 2

Apparently most of the world shared that opinion. It made about fifty bucks at the box office.

But it's incredible. It's one of the most amazing feats of direction I've seen in the past 5-10 years. I don't think anyone else on earth could've pulled it off.

And, damn, did I want to see that guy have a go at a Marvel superhero movie.