DVDVR Message Board

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Now THAT was a great fucking episode.  This was the kind of stuff I think we were expecting from the very first episode. Great tie-in to the just-released Captain America and even though the surprise twist was pretty much telegraphed, that didn't make it less enjoyable.

• Like 2

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Now THAT was a great fucking episode. This was the kind of stuff I think we were expecting from the very first episode. Great tie-in to the just-released Captain America and even though the surprise twist was pretty much telegraphed, that didn't make it less enjoyable.

So...

is Tripllete going to take Ward's place on the team? I hope so, I kinda dig him thus far

I noticed in the Cap movie that all the Hydra loyalists were of the fairer skin, which made sense because Nazi roots - not emphasized, but noticed. At first I thought they got away from that tonight, but after all the swerves, I think they were actually consistent with that.

Oh, also

I was surprised they showed Ward shoot those two guys in the head. No crazy blood splattered, but they showed it. Surprised ABC allowed that at 8pm timeslot.

Kind of amazed at how casually they gave away

Fury's 'death' and Sitwell's mole status

tonight.  The latter in particular was just such a throwaway line that it serves no purpose except to spoil the movie, really.  This was my first ep since before Christmas, so I'm feeling like I shoulda watched the rest of the Clairvoyant arc now since everything kind of came together tonight.

tumblr_n3qu6hNRm31t0xz7jo1_500.gif

This show is great. I'm still amazed at how much of a transformation it's made since the beginning of the series; it went from something I only watched because it was Marvel to something I look forward to watching every week. I wish everyone that watched in the beginning and thought it sucked and gave up would give it another chance because it's really firing on all cylinders and has been excellent since they had the holiday break.

• Like 1

Loved tonight's Shield episode though I was somewhat disappointed with the Clairvoyant reveal since I was really hoping said person would be good and return for a full season. I've been loving the show's transition into what it really should have been in the first place.

• Like 1

I know I'm in the minority, but last night's episode made the Cap story worse. 

Now I'm seeing Ultron being relegated to a side boss because the Avengers have to get back together to fix all the shit Hydra got into because Cap/Widow/Fury/Hill didn't bother to clean up after tearing SHIELD down.

On the contrary,,,

Fixing SHIELD should take a lot more than just a couple people. Especially when some of them have to go underground like Widow (& likely Fury) does.

Or ya know..

That's what could be done during the entirety of Next season's arc, and all the BS they have to encounter doing that, leading directly into a ramp up into Avengers 2.

• Like 1

See...wouldn't blocking a punch from a bionic arm hurt?

He doesn't physically block it with his arms (like you would in a boxing match for example) as much as he does evade and guide it away from him. There's no impact from the punch and you don't need a lot of force to block like that, you're not resisting it, just pushing at its weakest point. I like that clip, its a nice little combination.

Plus his inconsistent super human strength can comic book away anything else

Edit:

Last nights SHIELD was awesome. I did think the agents in the movie made the TV ones look weak by comparison considering they were meant to be some of the best, then they step it up in that episode. Such a huge improvement from the early ones.

• Like 1

See...wouldn't blocking a punch from a bionic arm hurt?

Well, since leaping from a great height and landing on concrete (or, in the case of Sam Wilson, metal) doesn't seem to hurt anyone's legs, much less break bones,..... I'd say no, blocking a punch from a bionic arm doesn't hurt.

Besides, that was a cool little sequence.

• Like 1

I just really cannot believe the turn around on Agents of Shield. This show is getting so great.

And I don't think the violent parts of this episode were nearly as bad as when Scorch killed that doctor early on this season.

The chicks who plays Skye is getting up there with Alison Brie as my biggest crushes on TV.