DVDVR Message Board

Cap was so fucking good.  Damn near perfect, and easily the best of the solo Marvel Studios films.  It's not even close.

But, yeah, GOTG is going to do better.  Ticket price inflation.

Cap was so fucking good.  Damn near perfect, and easily the best of the solo Marvel Studios films.  It's not even close.

It's Iron Man for me and then Captain America: The First Avenger over the other Marvel Studios solo films.

Nobody's ass got kicked! They all ran around firing guns that don't fire bullets at dudes that don't bleed, missing 95% of their targets, while some tit had a giant frisbee that he beaned people in the head with.

Because obviously bopping someone in the head with a disc is more effective than shooting them.

I'm not going to say its the worst comic book movie ever, because there's some real crap out there, but it is possibly the worst in the Marvel series, with strong competition from Iron Man 3. I'd have to re-watch them both though to decide who gets that prestigious spot.

Not too excited for Thor II. It looks ok, but the first one was really average(-ish) and didn't do much to develop the characters.

The fact that it was set in New Mexico didn't help me get into the film.
Yeah what kinda shitty story is set in New Mexico?? Booooring.
  • Like 1

IM3 is like one big mulligan on IM2. The plots are even kinda similar. In 2, you had an evil supervillain using a clueless putz businessman to get revenge on Tony, whereas in 3, you have an evil businessman using a clueless putz "supervillain" to get revenge on Tony. And instead of the all the drone suits to fight at the end, you get volcano people.

IM3 is like one big mulligan on IM2. The plots are even kinda similar. In 2, you had an evil supervillain using a clueless putz businessman to get revenge on Tony, whereas in 3, you have an evil businessman using a clueless putz "supervillain" to get revenge on Tony. And instead of the all the drone suits to fight at the end, you get volcano people.

I brought this up on the old board. As soon as Mickey Rourke showed up on the racetrack with the whips, I suddenly didn't regret missing Iron Man 2 when it was out in the theaters. With Iron Man 3, they probably realized these villains are not intimidating at all and needed a bit of comedic relief. Personally, I thought the reveal was fucking hilarious so I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more than 2.