DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

This St. Louis-Chicago series is going to end up being pretty awesome, isn't it?

JUST A BIT.

Chicago played like shit in that first period but St. Louis managed to outshit them. Or maybe just Miller. Either way... St. Louis missed a golden chance to dominate that first period.

I've been defending Miller to other Blues fans, but we outplayed the Hawks for 20 minutes, and we scored two goals. And we are losing. We traded for a guy who was supposed to be a difference maker, and while the defense needs to be better, he has to have that first one, andhe has to something at all on Kanes breakaway.

I think I'm more confident in Elliot at this point, but hopefully Miller proves me wrong.

Goalie tackle and brawl in LA/SJ... and CBC just gives us the PBP without showing it. Ugh.

Could be worse. Is Mark Lee calling the game?

Goalie tackle and brawl in LA/SJ... and CBC just gives us the PBP without showing it. Ugh.

Could be worse. Is Mark Lee calling the game?

Yes.

I knew I got Gamecenter for a reason.

That and the interviewer on the Aves feed just fucked up. Good times, good times. I always thought they did those interviews on a tape delay in case Nyjer Morgan is around.

Double OT! 20 years ago I went to my first double OT game (a 3-2 victory by the Bruins over the Devils at the Meadowlands). Still remember Devils tying it with 2 seconds left and the crowd going insane.

I haven't experienced that Flyers/Pens marathon game from 2000 other than some clips in the gamecenter archive but that Dallas/Vancouver quadruple overtime game from '07 was good enough for me.

I remember staying up for that Pens/Flyers game. Teacher actually let me skip the test I had the next day & take it the following day when I hadn't slept only 3 hours.

NHL Playoffs... nothing better. This CHI/STL game is amazing & LA/SJ has been a total war.

I haven't experienced that Flyers/Pens marathon game from 2000 other than some clips in the gamecenter archive but that Dallas/Vancouver quadruple overtime game from '07 was good enough for me.

There is actually a DVD set that was put out several years ago of the Flyers greatest games and that's one of them. You can find it on Amazon for about $30. Also includes the famous game vs the Red Army, which a friend of mine observes featured the birth of the trap.

Joel Quenneville grabbed his damn nuts on national TV.

lol, that guy is great for camera cutaways. Sometimes he'll just be spaced out and then snap back into it kinda like Chuck Liddell after getting KO'd by Page back in the day. Seems like such a cokehead with his mannerisms.

• Like 1