DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

I think there are 3 or 4 better teams in the West than Boston, but they will cannabalize each other before the winner gets the Campbell Trophy. Meanwhile, b

Boston has Pittsburgh and maybe Tampa to worry about in the Wales.

I just want someone to crush the Bruins and I hope it's the Penguins as I was always fond of the team.

The only reason I could tolerate the teddy bears winning in 2011 was because they had Tim Thomas on the team (anyone who gets a Ron Paul bumper sticker from a fan and puts it on his car deserves to win the cup IMO). Them and the Rangers are the two teams I despise with every fiber of my being. Hoping the Flyers win it all but they really have no shot.

Edit: and Dallas of course.

• Like 1

We had to settle for half the players in the league again.

I wonder what most Canadian hockey fans would want more in 2014:

Stanley Cup for their team or Olympic Gold medal?

I'll take the gold, just because I think the Jets winning the Cup would cause the NHL to collapse in on itself like a black hole and suck us all in.

To show how closely I have been paying attention this season, I just realized the Caps traded Mathieu Perreault to the Ducks for a bag of pucks. He put up 43 points this year 69 games. Why did the Caps get rid of him? He always looked like an ideal third line centre, responsible in his own end and enough skills to put up decent points on the opposition. Man, GMGM... shaking my dayum head.

So, do I go with Pens/Jackets for a shot at Pens schadenfreude even if that means getting stuck with the awful NBCSN crew, or do I go with Bolts/Habs, which has been good so far, but I couldn't care less who wins?