DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Round by round and bonus questions. The new format allows you to do a single bracket due to no reseeding after each round however, so you can just go all March Madness on us and do it that way. Apologies on not letting people know earlier about not doing it this year!

Here's a jpeg of the bracket:

2014playoffbracket.jpg

Man, the west is going to be a tough slog other than that Avalanche/Wild series.

Am I the only one who doesn't like that the two rounds are for all intents and purposes still intra-division?

I always liked that the playoffs in any sport meant you could play anyone not the "Oh great - 7 more games against these guys!"

I think the new format sucks, but it does make it easier to run a bracket challenge for the playoffs. :)

Speaking of which, work computer won't let me play around on nhl.com, so I will set up a DVDVR playoff challenge when I get home tonight.

The bracket setup helps for TV scheduling.  At least that's what the NBA has always claimed as their defense for not re-seeding after each round.  Hopefully they start series right away instead of having these extended breaks while we wait for one series to end.

Okay - what is going on in Philly that the Rangers/Flyers have a three day break in between Games 3 and 4?

(Meaning that, if necessary, Games 6 and 7 are on back to back nights - the only series with that schedule)

Okay - what is going on in Philly that the Rangers/Flyers have a three day break in between Games 3 and 4?

(Meaning that, if necessary, Games 6 and 7 are on back to back nights - the only series with that schedule)

They actually moved a Miley Cyrus to a day earlier for the game 3 date. Have no idea why game 4 is 3 days later but it works for me because it's a Friday so I don't have to worry about work the next day.

They actually moved a Miley Cyrus to a day earlier for the game 3 date. Have no idea why game 4 is 3 days later but it works for me because it's a Friday so I don't have to worry about work the next day.

Amusingly, the Blues series is delayed a day due to a Miley concert as well. Actually works well for us, but Miley is fucking all our plans up.

Amusingly, the Blues series is delayed a day due to a Miley concert as well. Actually works well for us, but Miley is fucking all our plans up.

They were going to move the concert but they realized that plan wouldn't twerk.

• Like 1

They were going to move the concert but they realized that plan wouldn't twerk.

To top this all off, Miley Cyrus is sick, and cancelled her concert for tonight.