DVDVR Message Board

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

The Natural

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a comedy cop drama, I get a Police Academy meets The Naked Gun vibe to it. I've watched the show since it started airing in the UK and I really like it, I find myself laughing frequently. The thirteenth episode, The Bet aired last week and is one of my favourite episodes from the series with M.E. Time, Old School, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I like all the main characters particularly Detective Diaz and Administrator Gina Linetti.

tumblr_mvd0610p8Z1rxii2bo5_250.gif

Thoughts on the show?

Guest Edwin

The first season is already over in America. It has been renewed to another season though.

I've constantly praised the show in the TV thread due to how constantly good it is.

It's just fun, light hearted comedy.

All of the main characters are likable and everything works so well together.

the last episode of the first season was amazing and the perfect way for them to end it. It just leaves you wondering what will happen next and wanting more which was its purpose.

I really enjoyed the first season. Sometimes Andy Samberg annoys me, but the rest of the cast is stellar. I love that Terry Crews isn't typical Terry Crews except for when the moment calls for it. It's the only show I watch on Network TV (although I've been told I need to check out Hannibal).

• Like 1

I don't mean to sound like a pretentious twat, but here goes...

Besides just being funny, well written, snappy, etc, I like that the show is an accurate depiction of the multi-cultural nature of its setting without that ever being a topic. It's not just a bunch of whiteys and there are - gasp -  Black and Latino characters who's characters have absolutely nothing to do with being Black and Latino. To my eyes, that's a very positive step and far more progressive than say Sofia Vergara on Modern Family.

It's also funny and joyful.

I'm up to the season finale and I think it's a pretty funny show. Chelsea Peretti is hilarious in this show, she has some great lines.

I love the lil flashbacks to Holts famous past arrests. Andre Braugher is the worlds greatest straight man.

My one negative is I hate when shows like this fall into the trap of everyone has to be paired up in some terrible relationship story.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's episode #16, The Party was particularly funny as the entire squad are invited to Captain Holt's birthday party.

That episode was the start of one of my favorite recurring gags, "everyone finds Captain Holt hilarious except the members of his precinct".

• Like 2

The Party was repeated again last night. If I've got to think about my two favourite moments from the series so far, it's probably Gina at the shooting range in The Vulture from episode five and Hitchcock offering his shirt to Boyle in The Party thanks to Hitchcock/Jeffords's reactions.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode #19, Tactical Village aired yesterday. One of my favourite episode as most of the squad do what the title of the episode says while Holt/Gina struggle with Kwazy Cupcakes. Surely this series will get a DVD box set release in the US/UK,