DVDVR Message Board

Who would you put in the WWE HOF next year?

Jenalysis

I don't see why Undertaker or Rock have to go in so soon. 

I would go:

Sting as headliner.

Along with:

Kevin Nash

Randy Savage

DDP

Freebirds

Sable

Some celebrity

Sting headlining over Savage? Not happening. He wouldn't even headline over Nash.

I don't see why Undertaker or Rock have to go in so soon. 

I would go:

Sting as headliner.

Along with:

Kevin Nash

Randy Savage

DDP

Freebirds

Sable

Some celebrity

Sting headlining over Savage? Not happening. He wouldn't even headline over Nash.

If all things were equal and both men were alive, Savage would certainly headline. But as it stands, the headliners have been built around "can't miss" speeches by wrestling legends. Randy isn't around to deliver that speech, and a speech by Lanny Poffo and family will never headline a WWE Hall of Fame.

You could argue Nash because he had a WWF run that Sting didn't have and was a top guy in WWF, but I don't think he would headline over Sting. I assume they're going to present Sting as the "franchise of WCW" and basically WCW's version of Austin/Rock/Hogan and he is certainly worthy of headlining.

The idea that we're basing who headlines the Hall of Fame on what they did/drew in the city that's hosting it is laughable considering that easily 3/4 of the people who attend WrestleMania/Hall of Fame are traveling in from a different state/country.

• Like 1

You could argue Nash because he had a WWF run that Sting didn't have and was a top guy in WWF, but I don't think he would headline over Sting. I assume they're going to present Sting as the "franchise of WCW" and basically WCW's version of Austin/Rock/Hogan and he is certainly worthy of headlining.

WWE will never, ever put Sting on the same level as those guys, and they shouldn't - he isn't there. Flair is the only person that is. Since 1998 WCW has been presented by WWE as a second tier wrestling company that only became successful because they poached WWE stars (like Nash, who was far more responsible for the boom period of WCW than Sting, and is good friends with HHH), so being "the franchise of WCW" means about as much to a die-hard WWE fan at this point as Douglas being "the franchise of ECW."

Dwayne makes the most sense. If they are not going to be in Miami anytime soon, the Samoan-heavy Bay area is the next best place.

Of course, they ignored many of the logical choices this year based on location (hodge, freebirds, mx, ...)

Same reason I believe Rikishi would go in next year (with his sons inducting him)

Kevin Nash is pretty much a shoe-in. Nash has stated that he would want Rude in before him so I see HHH approving Rude this year as well. The Rock headlining makes sense and its too bad that Vince still holds a grudge with Savage. Sable is the only women who makes sense and I can see WWE inducting all of DX (Hunter, NOA, and X-pac) as well. That makes 5 inductees. Include the man billed from San Diego california, Rey Mysterio, and it'll be a smash.

Kevin Nash is pretty much a shoe-in. Nash has stated that he would want Rude in before him so I see HHH approving Rude this year as well. The Rock headlining makes sense and its too bad that Vince still holds a grudge with Savage. Sable is the only women who makes sense and I can see WWE inducting all of DX (Hunter, NOA, and X-pac) as well. That makes 5 inductees. Include the man billed from San Diego california, Rey Mysterio, and it'll be a smash.

Vince no longer holds a grudge against Savage, but Savage's family has made it clear that unless they also induct Angelo and Lanny, they're not coming.