DVDVR Message Board

Who would you put in the WWE HOF next year?

Jenalysis

Curious to see the logic behind people's reasoning

My choices:

Heyman- it's Philly, this should be this year

King Kong Bundy- star of the 80s, semi-local

Terry Funk- legend, ECW guy

DDP- with Scott and Jake in, he should be in. 

Midnight Express- this might be hard if Cornette and Heyman have beef, but they had a memorable moment in Philly, and we don't have enough tag teams in the HOF

Rock N Roll Express- if you have Midnights, you need their rivals

Don Muraco- influential in early ECW and a WWE legend

Wrestlemania next year is in Santa Clara/San Francisco area so I am not sure where the Philly connection area would be.   The problem is a lot of those west coast stars are either already in (Patterson, Piper) or wasn't very impressive in the WWE to be considered (Ray Stevens).  So no idea what the local touch would be. 

DDP is probably a lock after this year's performance

Taker is a lock as either this year or next year is the end of career

After that is a complete toss up

The Rock will probably headline, according to various sources.

My first thought was that perhaps they could build a class around him like they did when they put Hogan in, but that seems improbable/impossible, given how his noteworthy feuds/partners are already in or will headline much later on themselves.

If Taker really is done then he'll be the main event. Right now I think its about 65-35, with the 35% representing the possibility that he might wanna go out in a match he actually remembers participating in rather than one he was led through in a concussion haze.

They could do the nWo or dX next year. Nash I would say is a lock as he's the biggest attitude era star not in (is Goldberg in?). There is always Savage and the Freebirds looming out there as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Charles Wright in for Papa Shango and Godfather.

Dwayne makes the most sense. If they are not going to be in Miami anytime soon, the Samoan-heavy Bay area is the next best place.

Of course, they ignored many of the logical choices this year based on location (hodge, freebirds, mx, ...)

Demolition and Big Bossman

I think these are good picks for the undercard but I think Taker goes in next year, preceding a match at Mania 31. I personally think it's early for The Rock since there's every chance he has one more match in him over the next few years and Taker would be a name required to sell the HOF tix.