DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/24

*Taped for Xplosion: ODB def. Brittany

*Taped for Xplosion: Sanada def. DJ Z to retain the X Division Title

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing April 24, 2014 from Orlando, FL

*Magnus came to the ring and started to introduce himself as champion but stopped. Magnus ran down the crowd. Magnus says he doesn't look at like he lost the title or was beat by Eric Young but that he was very let down because good help is hard to find these days. Magnus calls out Abyss and calls him an idiot. Magnus says he realizes now that everyone left Abyss because he's a gigantic disappointment and a big letdown. Magnus said all he asked was that Abyss make sure the title stayed with him. Abyss pointed out that anyone who interfered would have been fired on the spot. Magnus noted that MVP said that but Abyss doesn't work for MVP or TNA but for him. Magnus tells Abyss that his services are no longer needed, wishes him the best in his future endeavors, and fires him. Abyss tells him that it was never about the money but about a sense of belonging as he thought they were friends. Abyss says he now realizes Magnus is an arrogant jackass. Abyss says he is the Monster because he hurts people and destroys lives so since he no longer works for Magnus, he will start with him. Magnus argues that Abyss is no longer a contracted wrestler so he will press charges. MVP comes out and says if Abyss can beat Magnus, he will earn a full time roster spot. Abyss says he never liked Magnus so he will kick his ass.

*Bobby Lashley def. Kenny King via countout when King walked out on the match.

*Madison Rayne came to the ring and says she heard the Beautiful People wanted to give her a makeover so she calls them out. Madison tells them they were right then says she's sorry for what she's about to do as she attacks them. The Beautiful People overcome Madison and Angelina says they were hired to make everyone else look better. Brittany runs out for the save but gets beaten down as well. The Beautiful People put the paper bag on Madison. Angelina says Madison now looks her best before she takes the title from her at Sacrifice. Gail Kim then runs down and beats up the Beautiful People then tosses them from the ring.

*Kurt Angle def. Rockstar Spud (w/ Ethan Carter III) via Ankle Lock submission. After the match, EC3 attacked Angle until Willow made the save.

*The Beautiful People (Angelina Love & Velvet Sky) def. Gail Kim & Madison Rayne when Angelina pinned Madison via rollup with tights pulled.

*MVP def. Austin Aries after the Drive By.

*Bobby Roode & James Storm def. Bully Ray & Gunner when Storm pinned Gunner after the Last Call. Afterwards, Storm took the mic and said Gunner can't talk with his teeth kicked down his throat but at Sacrifice, he will make him say I Quit.

Brittany won her debut match against Gail Kim. The miscommunication between Gail and Tapa during that match caused them to split and have a terrible match the following week. From there Tapa was release from her contract and here we are today!

Re: Abyss

As crazy as this may sound, but I don't see anything 'pro wrestling' related happening to Abyss that would cause his death. By pro wrestling related I mean steroids, coke, whatever the fuck happened to Abmiso Negro, getting dropped on the head Misawa style, etc. I see Abyss actually leaving to be 60 and 70 and running a VERY unwelcomed Terry Funk 'middle-age and crazy' gimmick. Abyss will be around for some time mate and trust me, THE WORSE HAS YET TO COME.

Brittany won her debut match against Gail Kim. The miscommunication between Gail and Tapa during that match caused them to split and have a terrible match the following week. From there Tapa was release from her contract and here we are today!

Re: Abyss

As crazy as this may sound, but I don't see anything 'pro wrestling' related happening to Abyss that would cause his death. By pro wrestling related I mean steroids, coke, whatever the fuck happened to Abmiso Negro, getting dropped on the head Misawa style, etc. I see Abyss actually leaving to be 60 and 70 and running a VERY unwelcomed Terry Funk 'middle-age and crazy' gimmick. Abyss will be around for some time mate and trust me, THE WORSE HAS YET TO COME.

I just pictured a 65 year old barely mobile Abyss using a walker wrapped in barbwire. Thank you for that horrifying thought.

I look forward to the music video montage on his career set to the old "woaah woaaahh Abyss!" song the fans sang for him.

As for Impact...

TNA took a show there was no reason to care about beforehand, and didn't really move that needle much after - despite this being the go-home show. Lashley had by far his best match in many years with Kenny King - this thing was a blast to watch and worth going out of your way to see. Taz and Tenay followed that up with a glorious discussion of business cards in 2014 or 2013 - whichever year Taz lives in. The Anderson-Shaw skits were Claire Lynch-level bad. RAY GUNNER vs. Beer Money was a blast, but made me sad that Storm's losing on PPV and Roode-Bully will be hurt by the table stip. The Knux angle of whatever it was, ended with as little hype as it began with or maintained. The Shaw character also became officially career-killing. Bobby's been invading Bully's world, but what will happen if BULLY INVADES BOBBY'S WORLD!? Abyss got his career back thanks to Magnus hitting him in the balls. Abyss doesn't just win world titles by DQ, he also regains his career thanks to them. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/tna-impact-4-24-14.html

Screens -

1b7e82322692174.jpg

13a35c322692208.jpg

cf385d322693192.jpg

6874ed322695619.jpg

c9d812322695645.jpg

4c8852322697306.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/yuitd64jcv0btbpz4t3nurgapw8fdiqb

Lashley was awesome in that match. Loved that amazing leapfrog and powerslam then catching King's flip perfectly for the suplex was insane. Would've thought they would get him on the PPV or at least make King vs MVP there but they managed to already get 8 matches. Anderson/Shaw stuff was bizarre. Fun knockouts tag.

There's nothing to lose with him holding the X title, since the "division" usually, like it does right now, consists of the two guys currently fighting over the title, plus maybe one more looking to fight for the title.