DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Gunner def. Robbie E (w/ DJ Z)

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing April 17, 2014 from Orlando, FL

*Show begins with new world heavyweight champion Eric Young coming to the ring for a promo. Young says it's been a good 7 days and the title represents a lifetime of hard work. Crowd chanted "You deserve it". Young said he won it for himself but will be a champion for the fans. Young said this is his way of paying the fans back for their ten years of support. Young talks about being told you can't do something and says there's no difference between he and the fans because he is one of them. Young says there is no more paper champion and things are going to change. Young says he will defend whenever, wherever for the fans. Dixie Carter interrupts and comes to the ring. Dixie says she always saw potential in Eric and she let him stay during his "Don't Fire Eric" period. Young tells her that MVP is in charge so they don't need her. Dixie says Young represents her as champion of her company. Young says he will flush the crap out of the company. Dixie calls him a court jester for the fans. She says he needs to be a man of style, class, and fashion. Dixie threatens ODB if Young doesn't cooperate. Bully Ray comes to the ring and apologizes to Young then asks who is sick of Dixie. Bully calls Young a role model for everyone who has been held down by a boss like Dixie. Bully says Dixie should be proud of Eric. Dixie argues that Bully stole from her and doublecrossed her. Bully warns her about making him mad and talks about last week being in the ring with her and tables. Bully says he doesn't want to take up any more of Young's time and sings the goodbye song to Dixie so she leaves. Bully calls Young a guy that they can count on and be proud of. Bully says he doesn't endorse many people because he doesn't like many people but he likes and respects Eric Young. Bully leads an Eric Young chant with the crowd.

*Madison Rayne def. Velvet Sky in a street fight

*Willow def. Ethan Carter III & Rockstar Spud in a handicap match after the Twist of Fate on Spud. After the match, EC3 attacked Willow until Kurt Angle returned for the save. Angle hit EC3 with a german suplex before he escaped. Angle took the mic and announced that he's back and his career will end when he says it does. Angle talks about his injuries and says EC3 injured him but did not end him. Angle tells EC3 that he will be in the ring with him very soon and EC3 will understand why they call him The Cyborg. Angle said he will take his time inflicting pain on EC3. Angle says their fight will not end until he's taken out, not on a stretcher, but a bodybag.

*Kenny King came out to the stage and talked about not being on the show. He brought up business sense and says a guy with Peyton Manning's skillset wouldn't be on the bench. King said whoever is X Division Champion will lay the belt down at the feet of the king of the mountain. King joined commentary for the next match.

*Tigre Uno def. Sanada with the Sabretooth Splash in match 2 of their best of 3 series.

*Bobby Roode came out with tables around the ring. Roode called himself the master of the tables match and said he wanted to make sure Bully was watching as he issued an open challenge..

*Bobby Roode def. Gunner in a tables match after James Storm interfered. Afterwards they attack Gunner until Bully makes the save.

*The Wolves def. The BroMans via DQ when DJ Z interfered and hit Edwards with his laptop.

*MVP came out for a promo. MVP put over Eric Young winning the title last week. MVP brought up Samoa Joe being unavailable last week and says Joe hasn't been returning his calls. MVP says word has gotten back to him that Joe is disgruntled. Austin Aries returns to interrupt and calls himself the most disgruntled man that ever lived. Aries says he's been on the sidelines since Lockdown. He mocks MVP and wants answers. MVP says he gave Aries a chance but Aries turned on him. MVP says it's not about he or Aries but the fans. MVP prepares for a fight but Aries says they will do it next week. Aries says he isn't stupid and isn't going to throw fists now with a convicted felon so they will face off next week.

*Eric Young def. Abyss in a Monsters Ball Match to retain the TNA Worlds Heavyweight Championship after a dropkick onto a barbed wire board followed by the flying elbow drop.

Bully Ray does NOT feel like a guy who should be a top babyface right now. After all that Aces and Eights bullshit? I don't watch though so I guess it's possible they booked it well. ;)

Not particularly, but Dixie had enough heel heat and Bully's act is over enough that it works okay.

Impact largely sucked. Loved Spud and EC3.  They're at least doing some good video packages for EY, but with Dixie all but saying this was due to Danielson to START THE SHOW OFF, it's clear that this was done for all the wrong reasons. Hyping up a monster's ball on the same show with an unannounced wacky hardcore women's brawl was really stupid. Ditto Tigre Uno still being allowed to do that capture suplex. He's done it twice and spiked guys each time - it's not needed. The main event overdelivered - they shouldn't have had two hardcore matches on one show, but at least had this one go to levels the women's match (thankfully) didn't go to. EY needed at least a pretty good match for his first world title match, and this was just fine for it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/tna-impact-4-17-14.html

Screens -

339f0c321416314.jpg

e4af18321416443.jpg

7e2b8a321413624.jpg

2522fc321413605.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/idefhf28luxnbym7cnlyor9wfrah3c5l

They're at least doing some good video packages for EY, but with Dixie all but saying this was due to Danielson to START THE SHOW OFF, it's clear that this was done for all the wrong reasons.

I took this as them trolling the internet. Same goes for the Willow promo.

EC3/Spud might be the best act they have right now. Their interaction had me howling.

Has Ion always had the Universal Wrestling sticker on his laptop? That was cool as hell and I want one.

From the write-up, I fully expect Bully to turn on Eric soon and be Dixie's champion.  Feels like a very Russo thing to do...

Standard TNA booking would be to have MVP eventually crack and turn heel, because being in power corrupts everyone in TNA (except Sting, who wasn't 100% immune). Then, Dixie comes back as a face to "save" the company. If that happened, would people accuse TNA of running a "black HHH" angle?

The Russo thing to do would be to have Dixie turn on EC3 and Spud and somehow align with Kurt Angle as her chosen one with a paper-thin justification for why they are working together.

Take out all the stuff involving EY and everything about this show still screams "DESPERATE".

Bully is either the worst babyface ever or he was forced to switch and is doing it this way out of spite.

From the write-up, I fully expect Bully to turn on Eric soon and be Dixie's champion.  Feels like a very Russo thing to do...

Standard TNA booking would be to have MVP eventually crack and turn heel, because being in power corrupts everyone in TNA (except Sting, who wasn't 100% immune). Then, Dixie comes back as a face to "save" the company. If that happened, would people accuse TNA of running a "black HHH" angle?

The Russo thing to do would be to have Dixie turn on EC3 and Spud and somehow align with Kurt Angle as her chosen one with a paper-thin justification for why they are working together.

In light of that promo on Booker T, the idea of a "black HHH" is amusing.

What about EY turning heel, because he believes Dixie is right and nobody took him seriously before... and then MVP turns more heel than Eric because he really bought the company so he could hold a World Title... leading to Bully Ray turning more heel by turning on Dixie, EY, and MVP because TNA.

And then we hit June....

I'm convinced that just by typing "TNA" my phone gains sentience for the sole purpose of pooting in my mouth when I sleep.

Either that, or because I insist on referring to it as my "smark phone" when I'm among friends.