DVDVR Message Board

So I did my research, and Sabres play in DC on Saturday November 22nd. Hound would cost me $45 which is reasonable enough, and tixs are going for $40 on StubHub, which is also reasonable. Question for our DC area posters: should I jump on the SH $40 tixs now or is it likely that I will be able to get cheaper at a later date? Also what's the Caps tix situation? Is it still a hot tix or has demand cooled off in recent years? Can I get from team for cheaper (do they have a day of game $15 tix like some teams do)? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Big news: Devils won a shootout tonight against the Isles in Newark. The crowd of about 3,500 was mildly pleased. Devils started almost all regulars while Isles put out a side mostly guys who are going to be in Bridgeport. Devils didn't look good to say the least, only scoring one goal on Halak and were outplayed by the Isles kids. Strome missed a sitter in the second, it was harder for him to miss on an open net than to score but he hit the post. Lee was the one guy I really thought stood out tonight, created opportunities on several ocasions.In other news the Devils apparently got rid of their dance team. A few people complained, I hit them all in the head with a mallet.

Apparently the Sharks have experimented a little with Joe Thornton on the fourth line. Granted, preseason lol. But you have to wonder if they're ready to move on from him and try something else when they still have Marleau, Pavelski.

Have to wonder how long it is until some team takes a shot on him in a trade. Okay he's pretty old but you know exactly what you're going to get out of him at least in the regular season. I actually think if he can play 2 or 3 more years, and if he's actually available, he's someone the OIlers should be looking at to fill in a pretty large gap.

Judging by tonight (and the rest of the preseason) the Devils are going to be bad. They beat Rangers 3-0 but they played all their starters and NYR played mostly guys headed to the AHL. Game was a lot closer than the score would indicate, and Talbot let in 2 bad ones.

In similar news I found funny, the Blues beat the Wild earlier this week when the Wild had mostly a

Goon squad. Game got chippy, but the Blues won the game and easily and the fights as well.

Next game, Blues dress a AHL filled lineup against Minnesota, who ices a mostly NHL lineup. Game doesn't get very chippy, and the Blues take the Wild to OT in spite of only 2 of our top forwards playing.

All the while, Minnesota fans criticize the Blues "Goon Squad" without realizing they employ Matt Cooke.

Oilers on waivers: Pitlick, Lander, Pinizzotto and Aulie. So that means Joensuu, Acton and Hunt are on the opening day roster I guess.

I won't waste a lot of thought on it because really if you're thinking about fourth liners more minutes a day than their average ice time you're overdoing it.

Lander is clearly a second round draft bust at this point and if we can unload him for anything at all I'd have to consider taking it.

The Jets thought Hutchinson was going to take over the backup job this season, but he was shaky in training camp, so back to St. John's for him. Tangradi was a role player at best, so I like the trade from Winnipeg's persepective.

Reinhart? More like Sam ReinSTART amirite? Got my ticket for Sabres-Caps yesterday on StubHub so that's a go. Any of you know if the Greyhound or Amtrak stations in Montreal are near Bell Centre as that may be another trip I could do? Would get two items off my bucket list: visiting Canada and seeing a game in Montreal.

Reinhart? More like Sam ReinSTART amirite? Got my ticket for Sabres-Caps yesterday on StubHub so that's a go. Any of you know if the Greyhound or Amtrak stations in Montreal are near Bell Centre as that may be another trip I could do? Would get two items off my bucket list: visiting Canada and seeing a game in Montreal.

I am going to the Habs-Kings game in Montreal in December (in town for a Cirque du Soleil show the next night) and will be coming in via Greyhound.  It is a nice bus ride into Montreal and the bus leaves you off in a decent area.  The brand new station is a block north of the old station and in a decent area except for the tweaker park just to the south.  

I have never taken Amtrak into town but have taken Greyhound on numerous occasions and been to the Bell Centre once.  

The bus leaves you off 2 blocks to the north of Station Berri-UQAM and the Bell Centre is at either Station Bonaventure or Station Lucien L'Allier.  All are orange line stops.

This happened Monday but I only saw it today

The Rangers have acquired forward Joey Crabb from the Florida Panthers in a trade that opens up a roster spot for emerging teenage forward Anthony Duclair.

The Rangers are sending defenseman Steven Kampfer and forward Andrew Yogan to the Panthers in the deal announced Monday. This move allows the Rangers to keep the 19-year-old Duclair on the roster that will open the season Thursday at St. Louis.