DVDVR Message Board

A SPORTS TALK RADIO THREAD

RIPPA

Dear Fox Sports Radio,

Moving J.T. The Brick BACK to 8PM - 11PM after exiling him to overnights six years ago is not going to magically boost your ratings and cause you to finally beat ESPN Game Night in the ratings.

They have this new thing now, it's called "bringing in new talent that hasn't previously been on your network before." You guys might want to try it instead of giving Andrew Siciliano or Tony Bruno their umpteenth different show on your network.

Fox Sports Radio: The radio equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

As someone pretty much stuck listening to WEEI in the car, I was sad to see Tim Benz had left the mid-day show.  He was good at agitating Merloni and Fauria and it was nice to have a non-New England sports fan to call people out from time to time.

But then again if I had to work in the same building as Dennis, Callahan and Minihane I'd want to leave as fast as I could too.

Dan and Stu just did their regular shtick in the Mike and Mike time slot!  The Mike and Mike twitter mentions are glorious.

I really wish I could listen to this right now.  Dan and Stu's careers are based on making fun of shows like Mike and Mike, and the people who like them.  Mike and Mike is the laziest of all sports shows and I hope they never come back.  There is rumor that Dan and Stu will take over Cowherd's spot and Bomani take over their drive time spot.  I can only hope.

So Dan and Stu talked about dropping acid for a solid 3 minutes yesterday.  They were interviewing Lemmy and it was going VERY BADLY and Lemmy made some offhand comment about getting acid for Hendrix.

Stugotz:  "Let's go back to the acid stuff.  When I dropped LSD..." 

Amazing.  Stu does not fear The Mouse!

• Like 1

Danny Kanell is Russillo's new partner.

Awesome.  He was definitely the best out of all the guest hosts.

Most of the guests seemed to be horrible fits.  Russillo's audible frustration with Rosenberg was hysterical.

So Dan and Stu talked about dropping acid for a solid 3 minutes yesterday.  They were interviewing Lemmy and it was going VERY BADLY and Lemmy made some offhand comment about getting acid for Hendrix.

Lemmy answered every question like he was underwater, eating marbles, and tape over his mouth.  I thought he was disinterested at first, but by the end I just figured that Lemmy is essentially the least interesting/most unintelligible man in the world. 

Lemmy answered every question like he was underwater, eating marbles, and tape over his mouth.  I thought he was disinterested at first, but by the end I just figured that Lemmy is essentially the least interesting/most unintelligible man in the world. 

Stugotz refusing to give up made that segment.  They called him back 3 times and by the 3rd....

Stugotz: "Hi Lemmy."

Lemmy: "Hi."

I was dying.  

• 4 weeks later...