DVDVR Message Board

Uniforms: new, ugly, conceptual and whatnot

Hamhock

Italian soccer is "Azzuri"...and there isn't any blue in the Tricolore...why do people freak out when a country's jersey isn't "flag colours"??

The All Blacks say hi.

The Italian national team wear blue because it is the colour of Savoia, the ruling house of Italy from 1861 to 1946. Until the end of the second world war, the Italian flag always had the Savoy coat of arms in the centre, and it was only after the family were overthrown, and the Italian Republic established in 1946, that the plain tricolor was adopted as the national flag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the ridiculous to the sublime...

10666013_10203823727694568_7509573376945

Saw this at Book Off (Japanese book/video/cd store) last week and went back for it today. Three volume set on the history of Japanese baseball uniforms, mostly NPB but also covering their college leagues, WBC, and even their women's league. HYOGO SWING SMILEYS. As I told my home slice Hisaharu Tanabe of RSPW fame, I love Japanese culture, baseball and graphic design and this ticked all three of those boxes.

From the ridiculous to the sublime...

10666013_10203823727694568_7509573376945

Saw this at Book Off (Japanese book/video/cd store) last week and went back for it today. Three volume set on the history of Japanese baseball uniforms, mostly NPB but also covering their college leagues, WBC, and even their women's league. HYOGO SWING SMILEYS. As I told my home slice Hisaharu Tanabe of RSPW fame, I love Japanese culture, baseball and graphic design and this ticked all three of those boxes.

You should talk to Paul Lukas about doing a guest column for Uni Watch about that.

I was thinking about giving him a shout, yeah. I thought someone had beaten me to it, but it's actually for a similar book that came out there a few years ago.

The Nats are selling local college themed hats

I am trying to decide if I hate them or if I will end up buying BOTH the Mason and AU ones

You and I both know the correct answer is "Yes".

Was there anyone who had a problem with the previous Hawks uniforms? I thought they were pretty good, not as good as the classic Dominique Wilkins uniforms, but still not bad at all.  The new ones look like something a college team would wear, because the owner of an athletic wear giant is funding their athletic department.