DVDVR Message Board

Uniforms: new, ugly, conceptual and whatnot

Hamhock

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fanatics is replacing Adidas as the NHL's supplier of on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys beginning with the 2024-25 season

This is not going over well with jersey fans. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 6:51 AM, RIPPA said:

Fanatics is replacing Adidas as the NHL's supplier of on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys beginning with the 2024-25 season

Early concepts are already starting to leak...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

George Washington University announced a new name — Revolutionaries — for its athletic teams on Wednesday, after pressure from students who said the previous moniker, “Colonials,” glorified violence toward Native Americans and other colonized people.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure what Nike exec thought the new City editions were a good idea, but they should be arrested.

Anyway... the Heat's one while still very bad, isn't quite as bad as I thought:

They're gonna sell a lot of these to crypto-bros who believe they "embody" all of this (and are wondering why no one wants to call them "Diamond Hands").

• Haha 1

I like the Pistons city edition for once.

Design based on the legendary Bad Boys flag. Honors Chuck Daly. Looks badass. Beats the hell out of running back the teal flaming horse look from the previous Detroit dark age.

• 2 months later...

I forget who the Phillies fans are on here, but this one... ain't so bad?   Bold, very different take on Philadelphia, and most importantly, not just a cheesesteak with pepper-colored buttons.

27 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I forget who the Phillies fans are on here, but this one... ain't so bad?   Bold, very different take on Philadelphia, and most importantly, not just a cheesesteak with pepper-colored buttons.

That looks like a jersey someone on a 2000's era sitcom would wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Florida Panthers, banger, after banger, after banger....

I'd say put them out there for sale, but I'm horrified at what Fanatics would do to this.

• Like 1