DVDVR Message Board

Uniforms: new, ugly, conceptual and whatnot

Hamhock

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, Zimbra said:

It is downright criminal that I can't immediately find 70s-era indoor soccer league jerseys for sale online.  What's even the point of the internet?

Seriously, look at this magnificence:

Wings%2079-80%20Road%20Glenn%20Myernick_

Kids today will never know just how freaking huge the MISL was back in the 70-80s. The St Louis Steamers were the biggest indoor sports draw in the COUNTRY... yes, bigger than any NHL or NBA club.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fucking hate that I'm going to have to go to Staten Island this summer

Also, an Italian-American advocacy group has gone extreme clutching-their-pearls because they think this is offensive to Italian-Americans.  These people also do not know what the internet is.

https://deadspin.com/italian-heritage-group-manages-to-get-offended-by-minor-1827099229

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Ah yes, the NHL's endless obsession with "third jerseys that are just a word and no logo that took less than an hour to throw together". Wouldn't be the same without it.

Sabres have at least largely avoided that in their never-ending quest to come up with the worst third jersey ever. The Isles are the one I can't understand. Here's the perfect idea: just use a giant version of the shillouett of Long Island in their logo as the logo itself. Everyone on the Island would buy one and it would be the ultimate representation of the team's whole identity. Nope, shitty Stadium Series rehash.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Pete said:

What the unholy fuck is up with that name.

Go-Go music and culture is/was a huge thing in the DC area so it's a tribute to that.  Cool idea, but it sounds a bit goofy in execution.

Speaking of good idea/bad execution, the TWolves are getting Purple Rain inspired uniforms this year.

• Thanks 1