DVDVR Message Board

Uniforms: new, ugly, conceptual and whatnot

Hamhock

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

Team USA's Sochi jerseys. Loooooooove the crest, hate everything going on in the shoulder area. The stars that are there, but not there and that squiggly line where the tie should be.....blaargh.

The whites are pretty sharp, I'd actually consider buying it if I wasn't, you know, Canadian. I don't think I could handle the amount of shit I would take, though. Still has the same shoulder issues, but I love that red stripe across the chest. The Nike logo needs to take a leap, but that's obviously not going anywhere.

Those USA jerseys look like sweatshirts to me, not jerseys.  They should just wear the "1960-esque" throwbacks they wore a few years ago.  Or wear the 1980 ones again.

A few of my recent Spokane Indians pickups:

2013 July 4th game worn Travis Dean:

Posted Image

2013 Ride the Bases game worn Tim Hulett:

Posted Image

2013 batting practice game worn Tim Hulett:

Posted Image

1982 throwback:

Posted Image

Yes, I find the phrase "batting practice game worn" to be...stupid.

After all the laughing Canadians did at the Team USA jersies for Sochi - they deserve ridicule for this effort

Posted Image

Oh wow...that is not good. Why can't they just bring back the old Canada Cup jerseys? Spoilered for bigness. Also, why can't hockey players look like this anymore?

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the camp that says this is the NFL trying to show "they care"

It also begs the quetstion: if the NFL thinks its best for a player to use the same helmet all season, what does that say about colleges who now use a new helmet al ost every week?

“This offseason, we communicated a recommendation from the Head, Neck and Spine Committee and the Player Safety Advisory Panel to those teams planning to wear throwback uniforms for at least one game this season. They recommended that players no longer wear different helmets as part of a ‘throwback’ or ‘third’ uniform. … Teams may continue to wear throwback uniforms under league guidelines, but players must wear their regular helmets. The outside of the helmet can be modified by removing or replacing decals, as long as it does not affect the integrity of the helmet.”