DVDVR Message Board

Uniforms: new, ugly, conceptual and whatnot

Hamhock

I may be in the minority, but I like the Pro Bowl jerseys. You old coots get all belligerent when uni's aren't in one of the primary colours lol. (I like the Seahawks unis too)I

Put a sock in it. :P If they went with a Hawaiian/tropical color palette, it'd be fine.  Not that collegiate wear they're going with.

There is still an armband on the jersey

Posted Image

Honestly I think these look a lot less terrible on actual people than they do just on the rack, for some reason. I really hated them at first but they look fine here, other than the black one which I'm just not buying on.

The Pro Bowl itself is dreadful why should the unis be any different.  BTW they aint that bad but really why try to make snazzy Pro Bowl uniforms.  Like someone is going to buy an AFC jersey online

Not so much the last couple years but prior year Pro Bowl jerseys are very popular.  Mitchell & Ness has even done throwback versions of some classics, like Barry Sanders and Jerry Rice...

The Pro Bowl itself is dreadful why should the unis be any different.  BTW they aint that bad but really why try to make snazzy Pro Bowl uniforms.  Like someone is going to buy an AFC jersey online

But there wont be any more AFC/NFC jerseys to buy online since there moving to the captions and drafting the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

If you live in Toledo and were having trouble finding something to do Saturday night (as if), you definitely now want to buy tickets to see the ECHL's Toledo Walleye host the Kalamazoo Wings. It's Star Wars Night. The teams will be wearing these sweaters.

The Walleye are the good guys, so they'll suit up as rebel X-wing fighters. The Wings will rock the Darth Vader look, and presumably enter to the Imperial March. There'll be a whole bunch more, including costume contests for fans, character appearances, and Star Wars-themed concessions, including Jedi Juice (ew) and Yoda Soda (heh).

In comparatively insignificant news, the Stanley Cup will be in the building. Please be the asshole who gives the world a photo of Jar Jar Binks with the Cup.

I really don't see blood in those uniforms, just distressed white paint on a red helmet/stripe Or REALLY distressed red paint on a white helmet/stripe.

You don't see the blood all over the helmet in the "Courage" photo?  If not, you're really not looking hard enough, man. 

10% to the charity is normal but waaaaaay too low.

Posted Image

Of all the unusual minor league promotional jersey nights, this is one I never thought we’d see.

The Bakersfield Condors (ECHL, Edmonton Oilers) will be wearing special jerseys commemorating the 150th anniversary of President Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address on Sunday.

The front of the jerseys are cream with a sublimated black and white depiction of President Abraham Lincoln reading his famous speech on November 19, 1863, with a Condors logo (complete with Lincoln’s famous stove-pipe hat) a banner below acknowledging the anniversary.

On the back, the words of the speech are written out, the opening line “Four score and seven years ago”, bolded and featured right under the collar. Finally a scene from the Battle of Gettysburg is shown at the bottom.