DVDVR Message Board

Uniforms: new, ugly, conceptual and whatnot

Hamhock

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the plus side, they're not black like so many other alternate jerseys. Not really a fan otherwise, red is such a small part their colour scheme I would have preferred they did something with gold as the main colour instead. A whole-ass jersey out of that sparkly gold? Yes please

Edited by elizium
  • Haha 1

All of the NHL's reverse retro jerseys have been released.

The Best: the Avs/Nords mashup...my god is it beautiful

Also Nice: the Kings (purple/gold with the Gretzky era logo), the Canes 90s Whalers look, the Wild/North Stars mashup

Sharp looking, but a tier below: the Oilers, Blackhawks, Devils, Canadians, Panthers

Bad: the Jets (why grey? Where's the red?), you already saw my opinion on the Golden Knights, the Stars are super plain, disappointing after releasing those fire black and neon jerseys a couple weeks ago, the Blues (always hated when they wore red), the Coyotes (great they brought back the old coyote head, but everything else is fugly), the Blue Jackets (the Caps should sue them), the Canucks (ugly and terrible pattern), the Ducks (those 90s 3rd jerseys should have stayed there), the Sharks (like the Jets, grey is not a good hockey colour)

The Worst: The Red Wings BOORRING

The rest are inoffensive. Some are nice, some are just there, but don't really move me in any strong direction.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 11:16 AM, elizium said:

The Worst: The Red Wings BOORRING

This one is so bad, it's hard to fathom that they actually went with this design.  Basically, they took the awesome Centennial jersey and.........removed a bunch of stuff from it.  The result is just so doggone plain and borrowing.  Huge missed opportunity.  Why not do a white version of the (unbelievably amazing and should be their new home jersey, yes I'm serious) 2014 Winter Classic?  Or a white version of the 2016 Stadium Series?  Or, you know, anything else?  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The thing that gets me... these designs would have needed to have gone through *multiple* higher ups before an executive at a Major League Club signs off on it. 

OMG BALTIMORE HAS EDGAR ALLEN POE ON IT...