DVDVR Message Board

Five Movies That You've Seen

MADCAP

Pretty sure half of the movies you guys listed have never even been on TV.

- Goodfellas

- Platoon

- Face/Off

- Full Metal Jacket

- Ghostbusters

- The Big Lebowski

Yeah that's six, whaddup. I would've included the last 2 Batman's but they're fairly new, so I figured I'd take it back a bit.

Ok....just 5?

Big Trouble in Little China: Jack Burton has the strength of ten men.

The Godfather 1 or 2: Maybe my favorite movies ever.

The Departed: Worth the price of admission for the off the charts cast alone

Jason and the Argonauts: TALOS, BITCHES!

Bullit: Gritty, mean, and car chase-o-riffic.

• Like 1

I'll pick five off the top of my head that I always seem to end up stopping to watch.

I would not say that these films are not necessarily anywhere near my favorites of all times but are just films I get sucked into on Cable TV.

A Few Good Men (I tend to always catch it towards the ending courtroom scene).

Pulp Fiction (My favorite film, so this might be the exception to this list).

For Love of the Game (I stumble upon this on t.v. once every 2-3 years and watch the whole thing).

Face/Off (A film I just take for what it is).

The Departed (I just love Leo's performance in this)

I really don't think I can think of five off the top of my head, but all I wanna say is I'm the 21st post and the first to mention "Blazing Saddles"? C'mon.

Only if its on a premium type channel. If its on AMC or something its borderline unwatchable, with half the words being bleeped. . . 

Today AMC is showing 4 movies right in a row that always make me stop and watch, no matter how goofy the edits are.

Face/OFF

Speed

Die Hard and Die Hard 2

It's like they read this thread...

Other movies that always get me to stop and watch:

From Dusk Till Dawn

The Last Action Hero

Bulletproof

American Outlaws

The Replacements (TBS used to show the hell out of this movie back in the day. It was always my mom's favorite movie, so I watched it quite often growing up in her house.)

Not sure I have five but runaway #1 would be Miracle - the only movie I've ever seriously considered buying a ticket to see again as I was leaving from seeing it the first time.

Speed and Tombstone are really good calls, those are two movies you can catch at any point and you will be all in.  I've probably seen Tombstone from the beginning 2-3 times, but I've seen the last half about 30-40 times. 

Speed and Tombstone are really good calls, those are two movies you can catch at any point and you will be all in.  I've probably seen Tombstone from the beginning 2-3 times, but I've seen the last half about 30-40 times. 

I've seen the last half so many times, if I watch it from the start sometimes I feel like there are scenes I've never seen before.

Top Gun is probably number one on the list. I don't particularly like it, but there are enough memorable scenes that if I flip to it I find myself waiting for specific moments. Who am I kidding saying I don't like it? Top Gun rules. 

Coming to America is another that I always will put on. 

Major League, as has been referenced multiple times. Blood Sport, although that's a harder sell to the significant other. 

I remember there was a time where Pootie Tang was on rotation on one of the premium channels and I watched it roughly seventeen hundred times. If that doesn't count because it hasn't been on TV for about a decade, probably War Games.