DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: HARLEY RACE

RIPPA

Those "lawler beats everyone" videos are great for lawler, not so much for his opponents.

Indeed. Harley probably could have found a more subtle way to get his point across but probably none more effective.

Also, here's a horror story for you, and I wish I could remember who told it: it was some old-timey referee.  One time there was a fan riot and drunken idiots hit the ring.  The referee and the wrestlers were especially squabbling with one big dude who must've been on the 1960s equivalent of PCP, because he REALLY meant that No Retreat, No Surrender bullshit.  The referee decides "fuck a buncha this" and goes for the all-time nasty carny move, the eyeball rip... and his questing fingertips found nothing but an empty socket.  Harley had already beaten him to it.  

I heard this story from Ed Sharkey, and that's essentially it. ES was simultaneously disgusted and admiring during the telling of it.

- RAF

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ya know... CM Punk is like steak.  Sometimes, he's bad.  Really bad.  And when he's bad, it's the most frustrating thing in the world, because you know how good he can be.  Good steak/Punk is, like, the best thing in the WORLD.  Such as: 

Late that night, back at Harleys house, we all ate some great BBQ and Harley had about a million billion martinis I think it was. He had these little pickled green beans he'd put in them....anyway....he drank a LOT. Which is no surprise, he's Harley Fucking Race. And yes, I just capitilized the 'F' in fucking.