DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-22-13

MGFanJay

Bryan is the hottest act the companies had in awhile. Loved the Cesaro match.

Brad Maddox makes for a pretty good Bischoff. I loved the random Alex Riley cameo too.

• Like 1

God damn, that Bryan/Cesaro match...  Good fucking god, after a match with Swagger, and having to save some energy to go ten minutes with Ryback, and Bryan is still able to do that.

That's why I fucking watch every week, things like that.

Holy mother of fuck, that was fucking amazing.

It goes with Punk/Cena and Bryan/Rollins for legit MOTYCs on RAW this year. 

Plus, the Henry/Usos stuff was good, the Punk/Heyman stuff was good...  And the rest of the show was mostly skipped by me.

God fucking damn what a match.

• Like 1

Everyone is sleeping on Triple H saying he thinks Daniel Bryan is the future of the company. We are fully in some fucking strange bizzarro universe.

HHH attaching himself to whoever is massively over so that the fans cheer him by association? Is that a strange bizarro universe or the most normal universe ever?
  • Like 3

Bryan is the hottest act the companies had in awhile. Loved the Cesaro match.

Brad Maddox makes for a pretty good Bischoff. I loved the random Alex Riley cameo too.

I was waiting for Maddox to turn to him and say "who the hell are you and how did you get in here". Riley was at his best as The Miz's flunky, so maybe they are gonna have him as Maddox's personal yes man. Thinking about it just now he's been in WWE limbo for about 2 and a half years. How the hell did he last so long? Maddox is such a swarmy little asshole. He really is the son Eric Bischoff should of had. I loved him screwing Bryan around at the start of the show.

The Daniel Bryan main event was pretty awesome. Swagger looked like he didn't give a shit as usual, but wow did Antonio ever make up for that. The European Uppercut bit was amazing to watch. Cesaro could be huge for them if they just roll with him. Bryan/Ryback was a fun match in it's own right. But wow has Ryback really become a joke. Now he's saddled with The Bully gimmick. Watching him bully Josh Matthews. I was thinking to myself "Lance Russel wouldn't take that kind of shit". They really need to stop having the male announcers as wimps. Mean Gene didn't take anyone's shit.

What is the purpose of SuperCena vs. Ryback in a tables match when they just had one barely a month ago? I really hope we see Bryan put Cena through a table (assuming Kane and the Wyatt's dont sacrafice him earlier in the night next week).

Oh yeah, what a train wreck the Diva's segment with The Miz was. Eva Maria looked horrible in the Jessica Rabbit colored hair. I did like though how The Bella's were like "OH NO SHE DIDN'T" when she slapped Lawler since being a bitch is their gimmick. The show could be interesting, but it just depends on how much is "scripted" and is "reality". If the WWE is scripting this, it could be fairly decent train wreck television.

I was waiting for Maddox to turn to him and say "who the hell are you and how did you get in here". Riley was at his best as The Miz's flunky, so maybe they are gonna have him as Maddox's personal yes man. Thinking about it just now he's been in WWE limbo for about 2 and a half years. How the hell did he last so long?

I will forever wish that Riley's face push continued. His initial turn on Miz was amazingly well done, he was over quick, delivered in the ring and I always thought he came off like a star alongside Cena & Orton in a couple multi-man tags. Shame it seems like any hope of another major push for him is gone.

I will forever wish that Riley's face push continued. His initial turn on Miz was amazingly well done, he was over quick, delivered in the ring and I always thought he came off like a star alongside Cena & Orton in a couple multi-man tags. Shame it seems like any hope of another major push for him is gone.

You're just going to have to come to terms with this.

He's today's Virgil. 

He's also tomorrow's lonely Virgil.

• Like 1

Riley as Maddox's yes-man is almost too perfect. It might actually be somewhat redundant since Maddox is a trained wrestler who can bump, but I guess if they wanna keep him out of action for whatever reason, Riley is the best guy on the roster to throw in as the sidekick. Brad Maddox might be my favorite GM ever, though. When it comes to subtlety as a heel, that man gets it.

The in-ring action was pretty good tonight too. Sheamus and Del Rio had a very nice match built around that grossly discolored leg. It was also great to see a non-WWE champ win a non-title match against an upper midcarder. Still waiting for Del Rio's next real challenger, though.

Was anyone else annoyed at Heyman talking to "Brock Lesnar" off-camera? It would've been fine if the camera panned to him at some point just to look mean or do literally anything, or if he attacked Punk in the ring, but as it was, it was just so obvious he wasn't there and made Heyman look kind of stupid. 

Oh, and Daniel Bryan was pretty good again too. "Oh, let me just work in this little MOTYC as the second leg of my 40-minute gauntlet match..." My only complaint was they should've gone to the finish of the Ryback match faster if that's how it was gonna end. They were getting diminishing returns on Bryan "surviving the odds" and Ryback looked terrible following Cesaro. And no one could be too surprised Ryback was gassed after 10 minutes and botched that catch. Looked sick, sure, but do we really need to be jeopardizing Bryan's health like that?

Posted Image

I watched Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro for a second time. It's now my WWE Match of the Year. Doubt it shall happen but it would be nice if WWE showed the match on YouTube without commericial breaks like they did with John Cena vs. CM Punk from RAW this year.

• Like 1

That was the best ROH TV main event in months. Cesaro was in total beast mode and Bryan is the best babyface in the world unless I'm blatantly forgetting someone. The announcers all sounded like they were in awe of the spectacle.

When Ryback did the "bully" promo and was yelling during the match about how easy it was, I figured this was a setup for Bryan tapping/embarrassing him at the finish. I don't get the fuck finish, especially now that it looks like Cena will be the one to beat him at the end and shutting Bryan out from his final revenge after getting put through tables on two different shows. I guess time shall tell on that one.

Dear Lord but Bryan / Caesaro was fucking great.  I am also happy to see Sandow twirl his bear hairs in super-villan fashion empowered by the MOTB contract, but I am not sure how I will deal with the potential Cody Runnels face turn because he's a far better heel than he is a baby.  He was so good at being a douchebag that his viginette about flossing may have turned some people against proper dental hygene.  Not that the average WWE grognard brushes more than twice a day anyway.

That was the best ROH TV main event in months. Cesaro was in total beast mode and Bryan is the best babyface in the world unless I'm blatantly forgetting someone. The announcers all sounded like they were in awe of the spectacle.

When Ryback did the "bully" promo and was yelling during the match about how easy it was, I figured this was a setup for Bryan tapping/embarrassing him at the finish. I don't get the fuck finish, especially now that it looks like Cena will be the one to beat him at the end and shutting Bryan out from his final revenge after getting put through tables on two different shows. I guess time shall tell on that one.

Well, the first reason is it gives both Cena and Ryback a mini-program for at least one week. They both need something to do match wise and it's a good gimmick match to build Raw promos around for the next during the Law & Order: SVU "Elliot and Benson Disregard Chain Of Command And Cragen Doesn't Care" marathon.Also, big picture, it also sets up a full-fledged Bryan vs. Ryback feud after the Cena stuff is over. I'm really fine with that, too. They've had two really good matches so far. They have awesome chemistry and Ryback as a douche bully is my favorite Ryback.

I'm a little surprised they haven't pulled the trigger on AJ/E as a couple besides teasing the kiss. After the Cheerios brouhaha you have to think Vince would be licking his chops at the CONTROVERSY~! a mixed couple would create.

Bryan/Cesaro kinda felt like an upgraded Benoit/Regal. I really hope Cesaro gets something from this. It's clear hes seen as the #1 guy in Dutchs group after last night. Cesaro is so superior to Swagger in every way it's not even funny. I would love to see these guys have more matches.

• Like 1

Between the other wrestlers having to pay Henry's air bill and Ryback stealing their lunch money I'm surprised they have any of their paycheck left at the end of the month.

I'm a little surprised they haven't pulled the trigger on AJ/E as a couple besides teasing the kiss. After the Cheerios brouhaha you have to think Vince would be licking his chops at the CONTROVERSY~! a mixed couple would create.

This reminds me of that parody commercial they did a while back teasing a kiss between Shelton Benjamin(?) and Trish Stratus where Vince came in and mocked how "scandalous" it would be.

I'll add my praise to the pile of Cesaro-Bryan.  God damn what a great match.  Antonio is going to be a great world champion sooner rather than later. 

I found it hysterical that Swagger had zero idea how to react to being over as a heel simply based on being a Sooner.  

Having the luxury of not being attracted to any of them, that Total Divas segment was flaming, horrible death.  If you're going to have women on a scripted reality show they have to be dysfunctional to the point of being mentally unstable, or so unbelievably rich and bitchy that no one would ever deal with them if they didn't have money.  None of these ladies have that. 

We're getting McMahon vs Helmsley vs McMahon for the rest of the year aren't we... ugh.  

Hard for the crowd to care with the way he's been presented.

Question - A running theme is that Indy guys go to WWE to get better (Cesaro, Rollins, Punk, etc), but would you say that runs true with Bryan? On one hand, Bryan is maybe the best worker in the states with few exceptions in the past 10 years on the Indy scene. He isn't allowed the "range" he had in the indys, but I think he's every bit as good, if not better, working with fire and selling on the big stage. He's definitely a "stays good within restrictions" guy.

• Like 1

-Cesaro/Bryan was badass, as if it needed to be said.

-No love for the speed of Big E. "The Cat" Langston getting back on his feet after being thrown over the top?

-I'm with JBL.  If Titus could learn to work, there's gonna be a spot somewhere for him as a singles.

-I missed the nipple shot!

-Brad Maddox is easily hateable.

-Sheamus' stock went up for me in his match.  It had to be hard working with a bruised thigh like that.  Oh, and that elbow he threw at Del Rio that knocked him off the apron was spectacular.