DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

The problem is, I don't trust Jeff Jarrett to book the promotion that way.  When he was running TNA, it was much more "attitude era/Russo WCW taken to it's logical extreme."

I was with you until you tried to shoehorn the word "logical" in the same sentence with "TNA" and "Russo".  One of those things is not like the others.

On one hand, "logical extreme" doesn't mean there is any actual logic to the booking.  On the other...  Touche.

The problem is, I don't trust Jeff Jarrett to book the promotion that way.  When he was running TNA, it was much more "attitude era/Russo WCW taken to it's logical extreme."

I was with you until you tried to shoehorn the word "logical" in the same sentence with "TNA" and "Russo".  One of those things is not like the others.

Instead of endless 90's rehashes (ECW, Attitude Era, WCW business plan), why does no one rip off the 80's?  I could live with a 1986 Jim Crockett or 1982 Memphis tribute promotion.

I would also live with a late 80's/Early 90's(Pre-New Generation Bridge) WWF-style.

I may never get used to the name.  Every time, I hear the "Global Force Wrestling" (or worse, "G Force"), I picture these guys as the lead babyface stable:

BattleOfThePlanets.jpg

Then again, Dirk Daring and Ace Goodheart vs. Bad Influence on a PPV would probably = buys in my house.

How the heck can any well backed start-up promotion have PPVs/iPPVs in their business plan now, post-WWEN? If they charge anything more than $10, wouldn't the general feeling be "well, I can get a big budget WWE PPV for $9.95 as well as a whole month of programming, vintage footage and features, for how is this worth it?"? Has WWE effectively killed off any small budget new promotions bigger than a local territory?

intentional?,

RAF

I think with the Network WWE has shown that streaming is the future of the business. The Network is the first, but in a few years, maybe longer, we're going to be looking at other feds (or maybe even collections of feds) forming their own Networks because that's what the fans will want. It all comes down to price and availability of content, and the old methods of PPV and iPPV just can't stack up to what WWE is showing a streaming service can provide, and for much cheaper.

I think companies like GForce should try to work with Youtube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion to see what they can do about getting their monthly big event streamed live. Even if GForce cannot do live shows, it would probably be best for them to record a show and then upload it on a major video site hours later. This would get the most eyes on the product possible and doesn't kill the live gate as people will not stay home knowing they can just watch the live stream (the delay would essentially act the same as a blackout in MLB).

I don't know who will put who out of business first but I would be surprised if more than one of them survived to see the end of 2015 (and the survivor will probably be TNA just because losing money is what they do, they are the Mark Henry of being a shitty money losing wrestling promotion)